New Year's Resolutions

The Bright Family has vowed to be healthier this year (which hopefully will continue the rest of our lives). This is what we have vowed to do this year:

1. No Mexican restaurants!* I know, I know, give up Mexican food in South Texas?!? We are going to try. I do make my own salsa and with baked chips--it is just as good as a restaurant (sort of) and lots healthier. :)
2. (this is for Mom especially) No chocolate chip cookies!*

3. Kayden vowed to give up M&Ms, then she took it back. :)



4. Karston says no ice cream in 2009!



5. Cami is giving up brownies!!
6. We went to a Science Fair at Cami and Karston's school, where we saw how much sugar was in a can of soda, so we have vowed to give those suckers up!!! (diet is OK)

7. Of course exercise is on our list too. Daddy has agreed to attend one body pump class with me a week--I'm so excited!! :) Of course he runs like a crazy man already, so this will just be in addition to his regular routine. I once again have to start running more in preparation for beach to bay. Cami loves to run with her Dad, she can already run a 5K, so this year she is going to participate in a real one with her Mom & Dad--our goal!!


After looking at all the above pictures (well, except the last one), I hope I haven't already ruined it for me--those chocolate chip cookies look really good!!! :)

*these rules can be broken on holidays--I think that includes MLK (next week right?!?)!!

Comments

Ericka Johnson said…
Those are lofty goals! Good luck with the ice cream Karston!
hoLLy said…
wow. i will not even attempt to give away mexican food or chocolate chip cookies(my two faves!) ever. i just couldn't do it!! you go girl.
SWS said…
Hmmm...I think Kayden is the only sane one of you all. I could NEVER give up M&M's under any circumstances.
Please pass all the junk food my way. Yummy!! hehehehehe
That makes me sad to see that all go... maybe just in moderation=))
I haven't decided which resolutions I am going to try this year...hmmmmmmm
Family said…
Good for you guys. I have one more for you how about no more Spanish classes after this semester
Patty said…
I think MLK counts as a holiday. You are so funny! Good luck to you guys!!

Popular Posts