kung fu kid no go

"I am the man who will fight for your honor . . . I'll be the hero you're dreaming of . . . "

ummmmm . . . can't use the same song in the newest karate, I mean kung fu, kid movie. :( I was greatly disappointed in this movie . . . especially since I had been preparing Camee for it for um . . . about a year now. I loved the Karate Kid movies growing up, so I made Camee & Karston watch all the Karate Kid movies, so we would be ready for the one coming out in 'their' day. I didn't know that it would be almost word for word Karate Kid I, but with some lacking age requirements as well. Can you actually look at 12 year olds (that's how old they said they were in the movie, even though they look like Camee's age) and see romance?! kissing?! or fighting? Can you really see Pat Morita taking on a bad group of 12 year olds?! Now, of course, Jackie Chan didn't actually hit the young boys, just sort of ran them into each other, but, um . . . weird. And, yes, they go to the tournament, he hurts his leg, and then has to do a funky kick to win . . . no joke, no surprises. And then, when Jackie Chan (the mr. fix-it of the apartment complex whose wife died, etc.) starts to tell Americans how to conserve energy because they do it so much more efficiently in China . . . I almost choked on my popcorn.

I guess some things are just better the way they were . . . . luckily, they didn't do the head scarf in the new movie. :) I guess they knew only Ralph Macchio could pull that bad boy off. :)

Comments

What??!!!! 12 year olds kissing! Gag!!! Thanks for the review. I think I'll stick with original! :) Nobody can beat Ralph Macchio....nobody!!!! :)
Josh said…
I totally agree! What a disappointment.

Popular Posts