what every body needs . . .

. . . a relaxing trip to the beach!! Yesterday, as soon as the kids got out of school, we headed to the beach. Josh practiced his windsurfing, the kids played in the sand & water (including Kayden--yes, Kayden), and I read. :) I'm reading The 5000 Year Leap. It is an excellent book so far that discusses the principles and reasoning of the founder fathers as they set up our Constitution. Most of the book is direct quotes from the founders themselves. My favorite quote so far--Benjamin Franklin said, "I think, moreover, that talents for the education of youth are the gift of God; and that he on whom they are bestowed, whenever a way is opened for the use of them, is as strongly called as if he heard a voice from heaven. . . . "
And this one too--John Adams said, "What is to become of an independent statesman, one who will bow the knee to no idol, who will worship nothing as divinity but truth, virtue, and his country? I will tell you; he will be regarded more by posterity than those who worship hounds and horses; and although he will not make his own fortune, he will make the fortune of his country." It is a good book--I encourage everyone to start reading it, & reading it at the beach is a GREAT idea as well!! :)
AND--don't forget to vote today!!!!!! Some of my top picks--Rex Kennison, Brent Chesney, David Loeb, and of course Joe Adame for Mayor!!

Comments