Air Show & Free Drinks at the Bright Bar

We sometimes, all of a sudden-like, decide to do some home improvements . . . that's what happened this weekend--and we think it turned out really GREAT!!! Welcome to the Bright Bar!! We saw these stools at a restaurant that had beach-Caribbean-type pictures on them--so we gave it a try. This is Josh's stool--it looks really professional--I didn't know he was so talented. :) This is Karston's picture of the sunset over the gulf.
Cami decided to draw a sea turtle. We put lacquer over the top, so we could wipe them off easily--they really turned out cute.
Josh put cedar planks under our counter top. We had never used this for a bar, but we had always wanted too. The kids love it, & their benches swivel around too--just like McDonalds. :) Josh put rope around the bottom edge too. It looks really good, & smells even better--cedar--yeah!

Heading to the Air Show!!!!
(well, actually I think the above picture is when we left the air show, but I'm too lazy to move all these pictures around, so deal with it) :)

The Blue Angels were there of course!! This makes Karston's seventh year of seeing the Blue Angels. He was just a few weeks old when we took him to see the Blue Angels for the first time. Kayden got a little mixed up and started calling them the "fairies", that's close Kaykay!





The Cunningham family joined us at the air show. :)


B-1 Bomber, you don't see those too often. They flew by during the air show.





Karston in a blackhawk helicopter (yes, he was loving it).


Our family. :)


How do you keep from being bored at an air show?! Make a train out of your chairs!! :)



Poor Kayden thought those jets were too loud!! We did remember the ear plugs, but Kayden preferred Mommy's hands over her ears.

Josh's favorite airplane of the afternoon & mine too. :) Go USA!

Comments

Tara D. said…
Those barstools are so cute, what artistic kids you have! And fairies, angels, they're close enough. :) I miss those air shows.
Very cool bar stools.... & very creative with the cedar! :)
Josh, I love the barstool. It definitely doesn't look like a hibiscus now. It is so beautiful. Ya'll did a great job! And you're right, your house does smell great.

We had tons of fun with you guys this weekend. So glad we met.
I'm digging the artwork! Good Job..I'm jealous of the airplane show. You get to do so many cool things..I want your life. :) I love you.
Cool stools. How creative you guys are.
Stacey said…
very cool stools.....but where is yours Amber?

Stephen loves air shows!! We saw the Blue Angels in Traverse City, MI. Awesome!!!
Where did the couch go?????????????? :)
Family said…
looks like the airshow was a hit and Cami had a buddy to hang out with at the airshow she loves so much. I will have to come over and check out the bright bar. I would like a cup of ice and some yummy strawberry kiwi juice.

Popular Posts