Finishing the School Year and Making our big MOVE to NM!
Cameron's final orchestra concert! (But, Josh & I were both shocked when one of the songs they played was 'Centerfold.') We are proud of our girl, and her talent as a violin player.
The end of the school year meant my last meeting as a member of the Region 3 Science Collaborative. We were able to share ideas that worked in our classroom this year, and spend quality time with fellow science teachers. Our last meeting was at GP Intermediate School, so it was really cool to be in my old school again. :)
We couldn't leave Corpus Christi without going to the Aransas Pass Aquatic Center one more time, and a visit to the two story Whataburger downtown. :) We love Corpus Christi!!
We are very proud of our Kay!! These are a few pictures from her awards assembly at school.
Kayden and I couldn't have asked for better administration as a student or as a teacher--(I don't think any principal or assistant principal could beat Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Yzaguirre.) :)
My homeroom class on the last day of school . . . LOVE these kids!! I'm so lucky to have gotten to be their teacher this year. This was the first year I had a 'homeroom' class, and I couldn't have asked for a better, smarter, well behaved (for the most part) class. :)
We were happy to see that even Hailey Osborne made the yearbook--this is Kayden and her dancing at the school's family dance this year!! :)
Josh was an awesome teacher (just like I knew he would be). He really made an impact on his students, improved their test scores, and made it to the 'teacher hall of fame.' I couldn't be prouder!! But, the mountains were calling his name . . .
Well, you know, teachers get a Christmas break, and this year we decided to spend that time in Colorado. This meant a road trip through the state of New Mexico, and a visit with Josh's best Geico friend. They started talking about Geico possibilities in NM . . . and one thing led to another. Everything has seemed to fall perfectly in place for our move--which has been a huge blessing. When we were in NM (trying to find a house) during Spring Break--I received the call from Santa Fe Public Schools, that I had gotten an eighth grade teaching position. I had interviewed the week before over FaceTime. :) I am so happy to be going back to science, and going back to teaching the older middle school kids. I'm soooooooo excited (I'm probably the only school teacher ready to go back to school right now.) :)
We had to make two moves (we sold our home the first weekend it went on the market), so that meant we had to spend two months in a one bedroom apartment. Yes, I did say a one bedroom apartment. We didn't figure it would be a big deal, since it was such a short time, but we did start to reconsider it . . . but it was too late. Karston slept on the couch, the girls had their bunkbeds in the dining room, clothes in tupperware were everywhere, we ate out too much, got on each other's nerves, never had space of our own or privacy of any sort, but . . . the pool was a plus. :) Needless to say, we were very happy to make the move to our new home!! Josh took up Chica and Emma the week before, left our car there, and flew home--that way he could drive the Uhaul, and we could make it a two day trip instead of having to stop with two dogs. Cami's best friend, Maddyson, made the trip with us. :)
I got a blood blister from those bunkbeds. :(
We finally made it to New Mexico!!! :)
We LOVE our new home. I know it isn't what everyone looks for in a home, but it is exactly what we have been dreaming of. It has a view, over an acre of land, and four bedrooms--everyone has their own room. Which is a big plus, after the apartment craziness. :) We are about 8 miles from Santa Fe, which isn't too far, but it definitely has that country feel. I can see the Milky Way Galaxy from my yard!!!! I used to have to go all the way to the National Seashore before we were able to see it in Corpus--so yes, no light pollution out here!! :) I sometimes/most of the time feel like I'm on vacation. :)
There is a greenspace behind our home with trails, lots of trails. It has really been fun exploring by hiding, running, and riding our bikes. The community also has a swimming pool, but it is way too cold for me. The kids have enjoyed it though.
The sunsets are AMAZING! I had heard about the NM sunsets, but nothing can really prepare you for them. They are unbelievable--I can't imagine ever taking them for granted. This is a picture from our backyard. This Earth is a pretty unbelievable place--I'm soooooo glad I'm able to see its majesty everyday in such an awe inspiring manner. :)
At the top of the above picture is Venus!
We have enjoyed exploring downtown Santa Fe and Old Town Albuquerque. And, the weather has been awesome!! Our chapped lips and dry skin lasted about two weeks, but I think we have gotten somewhat used to dry climate. I bought a BIG thing of lotion, and I think we have chap stick just about in every nook and cranny. :) So, while we have seen temperatures in the 90s, if you go in the shade, it is perfectly, perfect. :) They keep saying it has been unseasonably hot, but they don't know what HOT is!!!
Now what have we already missed from Corpus . . . Romano's Macaroni Grill, Whataburger, Jason's Deli, Freebirds, and Academy!!! So, maybe we were a little set in our ways as far as restaurants were concerned--Macaroni Grill being our favorite. There are plenty to choose from here--we just have to find our new favorite--and Olive Garden is not the Macaroni Grill. :( We have missed Academy too--in Corpus I hated going because it was always, always packed, but when you need that outdoor stuff (which we have since coming to NM), it is the place to go. So, we have had to switch to REI (which is awesome, just very expensive). :(
So, here is our house. I found out that after eleven years, I still have mad unpacking skillz!! :) I got it done pretty quickly. :)
Kayden's yellow room . . .
the hallway . . .
Cami's room . . .
Karston's room . . .
Our newly tiled master bath shower . . .
the hall bathroom (with a really cool sink) . . .
the front room/eating area . . .
the family room . . .
Josh's grill he got for Father's Day . . .
Master bedroom . . .
Like I said previously, we have had a few visitors since we arrived. Mr. Seagrave was our first visitor. He was a teacher who taught at Haas Middle School with Josh. And then, we had the Riches come to visit, and then Heather and Sandra Bright came as well. We have enjoyed seeing our cousins, sisters, and friends since we have lived here. :)
So . . . here we go with the next chapter of our lives in this beautiful state of New Mexico!! :) #newmexicotrue



Comments