GRaDuaTIOn DAy!!!

I have been working toward finishing my degree . . . um . . . well . . . it seems like forever (since 2007). I am so glad that lots of my family could come down and help me celebrate this accomplishment in my life.  I so much enjoyed being with everyone, laughing, talking, reminiscing, and discussing the future.  I do have the best first family--the Ault's--and the best second family---Josh, Camee, Karston, and my sweet Kaykay.  :)  My life is pretty perfect, I definitely wouldn't change a thing.
I am soooooo thankful for Josh.  :)  I know I would not have gotten here without his encouragement and support.  Thank you Josh for pushing me to be better, and fulfill my dreams. 

Some of my sisters were here to help me celebrate (l to r)--Ally, Abby, my Mom, me, and Ginger.  BUT, we definitely stayed up too late talking--I am sooooooo tired.  :)
And, yes, it was a little too cold & yucky for the beach, but that didn't stop us.  The grandkids enjoyed being together.  I love watching them bond & develope friendships that will truly last their whole lifetime.  I love family.





On Thursday evening, I got inducted into the teaching profession.  It was a great opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments with the professors who had helped us accomplish our goals.  It was good to see all my fellow students too (that's Samantha below).  We truly relied on each other along the way--it definitely made our journey extra fun.



I love Dr. Paciotti!!  She was my field base instructor. She was hard on us that semester, but it only made me grow as a teacher and person.  At the end of the semester, she told me that she, as my professor, had to be critical, but to not ever think she could be as good as a teacher as I was.  That really meant the world to me (I knew it wasn't true), but it meant the world to me that she thought so highly of me.   



The attorney general of Texas, Gregg Abbott, spoke at my graduation.  He really did an awesome job inspiring us to leave our 'finger prints' on the world, and to be ready to take on any challenges put in our path.  He had been paralyzed pretty soon after he had graduated from college.


I loved my lei.  :)


OK, you can't really have people take pictures of you & not get a jumping picture.  :)  This was a very, very good day.  :)




So, where do you put 21 people in one house?!  Why the tent of course!  :)  Papa got to sleep outside with some of his grandkids.  :)

My sister Abby who is the best cake maker I know--made me yummy blue/green cupcakes--Go Islanders!!  :) Thank you Abby for coming to help me celebrate.
Yes, Camee loved playing with the baby.  :)  (below)  my mom & dad
I still can't really grasp that I am done.  And, now I head out to my 'real' life as a teacher.  I got my keys Friday morning, so I'll be heading to my room this next week to decorate.  :)  I am so excited.  

I wish my whole family could have been here this weekend, but I know of only one sister crazy enough to drive 14 hours here, and 14 hours back to spend one day with her sister--it really meant a lot to me--THANK YOU Ginger! 

Today, is also my Grandmother Ault's 80th birthday.  My Aunt Charli commented on facebook that Grandmother Ault would have been proud of me.  That really meant a lot to me.  I know my Grandmother would have definitely been with us this weekend.  I miss her so much.

And thanks Ally & Mike for lunch today.  :)  This has really been the perfect weekend.

Comments

Email me some of the beach pictures so I can make copies, OK? :) We had fun...it was definately worth the trip.

Love you.
G
April said…
Amber, that is soo awesome--congratulations!

Popular Posts