Christmas Letter
Dear Family & Friends,
O.K., so maybe the guy from Nigeria with 10 million dollars didn’t quite pay off as we thought it would, so we are still in Corpus, doing the same ole’ thing (and loving almost every minute of it).
Here’s a recap of our year:
Josh: Our fearless leader has once again led our family during an eventful past year. He continues to work for Geico as an Auto Damage Supervisor. While the economy goes bust, Geico seems to be flourishing. Does anyone need a job? Josh has hired two, and needs one more in the Corpus area. His time here lately has been spent training for his first marathon, which he completed in November. He will complete his second marathon in January. We are very proud of him, especially considering only .1 percent of the population ever accomplishes as much.
Amber: This year has been stressful to say the least, but with certification tests and student teaching behind me, the new stress of 110 sixth graders is my motivating factor now. I graduate in December with my Bachelor’s Degree. I’m graduating Summa Cum Laude, and I will begin teaching math on Jan. 2. I am so lucky to have found a job during the middle of the year, and in this teaching economy. I am very blessed. BUT, the biggest excitement of the year was in June when I was able to go to the NASA Johnson Space Center for a whole week (I think most people could hear my screams when I learned I had been chosen to go)!! It was an amazing opportunity to be at NASA, and learn from so many very smart people.
Cameron: Besides slicing her foot open with a shovel, Cameron’s year otherwise has gone without incident. She is in the fifth grade now, and eleven years old. She enjoys playing the violin, watching violin videos (they are out there), and taking her jazz dance class. She loves being with her friends, and continues to provide a wonderful example for her brother and sister. We are so lucky to have our Camee.
Karston: Karston was finally big enough this year to try his hand at windsurfing. He got it down pretty quickly, and his Dad even bought him his own sail. They both plan on doing a lot of windsurfing this upcoming summer. Karston is now in the third grade, and is eight years old. It was a very special day when Karston was baptized on his birthday this year. And, the most exciting news-Karston broke his first wooden board this year in Tae Kwon Do. He is really enjoying the sport, but is equally excited to get back to baseball season. This past year his team won first place in the coach pitch league.
Kayden: Our little Kay is growing up faster than her Dad & Mom would like. She is now five years old, and is in kindergarten. She is doing her second year in ballet, and enjoys being in class with two of her closest friends. Kayden is having a lot of fun at school, and is enjoying it (to her Mom & Dad’s relief).
We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
What was that Josh?! You got an email from a guy in Liberia?!!
. . . To be continued.
Love,
Josh, Amber, Camee, Karston & Kayden


Comments