Mother's Day Weekend

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! to my Mom, Granny, & Mamaw Joyce! . . . well, Camee, I guess that includes you too, with your cute dog & everything. :)
We had a busy week and weekend. This week I started my finals, only two more and I'll be done with this semester!! yeah! And, yes, I'm pretty sure I'm on the dean's list with all As of course. The highest grade I have to make on any of my finals is a 68 (to make an A), so I guess I'm pretty safe. :) OK, I'll stop bragging . . . we definitely know not every semester ends like that. I am also heading up the talent show for Camee's elementary school with the help of several other moms---Allison and Jeanie being my favs. & my big sister Ginger, who designed our t-shirt logo--the shirts look so good Ginger--Thank you! :) We had try-outs this past Thursday & Friday which kept us hopping in between b'day parties and baseball games. :) (above) Camee's picture at try-outs. :)

Saturday--Josh & I ran together to prepare for our upcoming race, Beach to Bay. :) Josh said we were just going to do five miles. O.K. that would be good, so we started out. It is a lot hotter here these days & Josh and I were struggling. :( We were thinking man---we aren't doing good. I turned around a little early to run back home. Josh continued on, but had to stop at a State Farm Insurance building to drink from their water hose. :) Later that day, we wanted to see how much we exactly ran, so we drove our running route. Josh was a little mistaken about the mileage. I ran 6 1/2 miles, no wonder it felt harder than a measly five miles, and Josh ran 8. Yes, he's crazy. And now I'm in charge of marking out our running routes. :)

After we ran, we headed to Karston's baseball game. It was a very exciting game. They rallied back in the last inning to win by one point. Karston hit a double, and then to his Mom's beckoning he slid into home plate. :) He'll give a quick glance my way with a smile before heading into the dug out. He slides just for me, & I love it. :)

Then . . . we headed to Bird Island. Josh enjoyed windsurfing. We enjoyed the water & sun. We stayed out their several hours before returning home.

Then . . . I got to pick the restaurant of my choice for a Mother's Day dinner. Yum! The kids had already given me their cards & carnations from Camee & Dad. Karston said he didn't trust me to wait until Mother's Day. I do get a little overly excited about presents. :)

I love my kiddoes & husband---it was the perfect Mother's Pre-Day. :)

Sunday, I had to give a talk at church. I let Josh critique my talk before we left. He gave me a few suggestions, so as I busily tried to fix my talk. He decided to get the kids out of my way, and head to church a little early, he would take my car, and I would take his. I was so busy, I didn't think about him taking my car with all my stuff packed in it, including my keys until I started to head out the door. :( Yes, no way to church . . . luckily my good Baptist friend Allyson lives close & was able to take me to church on a minutes notice. :) (Thank you Allison!!!) I arrived at the chapel just as the opening song was playing, so I had to sneak up front. So after I gave some mean stares towards my husband, it was my turn to speak. Of course I apologized to the Bishop for being late---and gave my reason why. Everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it, which prompted Josh later to say that was what he intended all along--to give me a good story to start out my talk . . . um . . . yeah right . . . but thanks. :)

Just one last thing----I want to give a BIG shout out to my Mom!! Happy Mother's Day!! Thank you for being the best Mother in the whole world. We can't wait until ya'll come visit! :) & I'm hoping Daddy didn't make you run an extra mile and 1/2 this weekend or leave you stranded for church. :) I love you Mommy!!

Comments

brandi said…
Amber, you did such a good job on your talk! I didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday!

It sounds like you had a wonderfully busy weekend! I hope things calm down for you soon!
I love you Amber Do with all my heart. I wish I could have listened to your talk. :)
Ericka Johnson said…
Your talk was great! Happy mother's Day.
I love your posts! I'm glad you had a good weekend. I can't wait to come to your house!! I love your family! :)
I like how you pointed out that I am your Baptist friend. Ha. That made me laugh. Oh yeah she's Baptist. That's why she wasn't at church and could take me. LOL

Popular Posts