Memaw & Papa come to town!

On Friday night, our elementary school's talent show took place. :) I was in charge of the whole process---which seemed overwhelming at times, but at most times & especially that night---it was awesome to be able to have this event for our school. :) The kids really got into it--clapping & cheering---and the performances were unbelievable. All the participants worked really hard & did a great job. :) The first thing to get crossed off my to do list was to make sure Eric Von Wade from 1440 keys was the guy to host. He is a conservative AM talk radio personality every morning here in Corpus. :) He did an AWESOME job! Our principal, Ms. Bowers, was the next on my hit list---she had to perform a Hannah Montana song for the finale. She never wavered, but she was quite nervous about it all. I had started to feel guilty, so I volunteered myself, along with some other hesitant moms, to serve as her back-up dancers. :) I think we did a great job! & Camee wasn't too embarrassed about having her mom in the talent show. Camee with some of her friends also danced that night----hopefully, I will get some pictures of that as well really soon. :) They did a GRRRRREAT job!! Below: (L to R: Donna Jackson, Allison Cunningham, Lisa Bowers, Eric Von Wade, me, Jeanie Martinez, and Jennifer Medrano) It was a lot of fun for everyone!! yeahhhh!!! We also raised $1000 for teacher grants---I was hoping for $300, so this was VERY good!! :) & THANK YOU so much for everybody's help in making this happen---Allison & Jeanie especially!!!!! :)
Memaw & Papa arrived late Friday night, as we were getting back from the talent show. We enjoyed their visit with us. Here are a few pictures we took during our long weekend:

A miniature Camee held by Karston. :)

me & my boy :)

Camee loves the beach. :) And she filled Memaw's car with sand after our trip to the beach. :(


My Mommy & I :) We look a like. :)

YEAH!!!!! Memaw & Papa are in Corpus!!!



traveling in Memaw's mini van :)
Kayden & Dad say thumbs up on the snow cones! :)
Me & my hubby who also got home Friday evening (just missing the first few minutes of the talent show). He had been in Oklahoma City helping with the many cars that had been destroyed & damaged by the recent tornado's & hail. We had missed him tremendously!!! I am so glad to have my husband back! :)


It's getting hot in here. :( Summer has arrived.

Thank you Memaw & Papa for making your way down to Corpus. :) Sorry we didn't have more energy to be better entertainers, but a good movie & good food was all we could come up with. :( We love you very much!!!

Comments

We had the best time with you all and your sweet family. Can you please send me your pictures???? I especially like the one with me and the kiddos jumpin'!!! Papa said it was an optical illusion! :)

Popular Posts