a week of firsts


The kids started school this week. Karston was counting down the days, but Cami was wishing summer had lasted a little longer. :) Karston started the first grade at his new school. He was a little worried about being at a 'gifted and talented' school, but after the first day he proudly exclaimed, "The work was easy!" (hopefully that will last throughout the year) Cami was very excited to get to choose her own seat in her class. Her teacher is very nice, and has already told her students that she believes in them & knows they can do and learn anything! :) And, of course, I have basked in the first day excitement in imagining how MY class will be in two short (hopefully) years!! I start back to the grind this evening. I'm very excited about my classes this semester, besides there being no Spanish class to attend, all my classes are education ones--math, bilingual education (I'm hoping no Spanish-speaking in that one), socialization of the young child, and schooling in a democracy (getting ready for field-basing). All my classes are at night, except one on Friday morning. On that morning, Kayden gets to spend some time with her best friend, Hayley. And Hayley gets to come to our home one day a week too. :) We have kind of taken a vacation from extra-curricular activities after my first year back at school when Cami was in soccer & Karston in baseball, & we just didn't have enough time or energy to get to every practice/game etc., so I've been feeling kind of guilty, so we are up to trying again (we'll see how that works out--hmmmm). Monday night Cami started her ballet class. She is really excited and up for the challenge. Most of the girls in her class have been taking ballet already. Cami took it when she was four-years-old, so she doesn't remember much. But, she seemed to catch on quickly, with a little work I'm sure she'll be doing great too. Karston got signed up for baseball this week. We are awaiting his coach's call to let us know when practices will be. Last night, Karston & I threw the baseball around. He was actually much better than previous seasons, maybe he'll like playing as much as he liked the dug out this season. :) Kayden starts her ballet class tomorrow morning. She was in tippie toes last year, but this is her first time in a 'real' ballet class. We tell her she is getting old now. :) Here are a few pictures from our week: Ava isn't taking ballet this time around (looks like she is graceful already)---she is (hopefully) going to be playing on Karston's baseball team. :)

Kayden wanted to pose for a picture at Cami's ballet class. :)

Adiah & Cami right after their class. :)


Yes, Cami is already embarrassed of her Mom taking pictures of her. :( Josh & I knew we wouldn't be able to get both kids to their school in one morning, so Sunday night the kids drew names. Karston drew my name, so I took him on the first day of school, and Cami drew her Daddy's name. & then on the second day of school, we switched. This was Cami's second day of school. :)


Cami & one of her best friends, Ginger. :) Ginger is tired of me always saying, "I have a sister named Ginger!!"


Karston & Paul on the first day of school. Karston was excited to learn Paul was in his class this year (Paul attends church with us). They even sit at the same table in class.


Karston in front of his classroom door at his new school.


Our little Cami, all grown-up---booohoooo!! :( I can't believe she is in the third grade---multiplication here we come!!

My handsome first-grader. :)


The ballet bar I put up in Cami's room, so she could practice her new moves. :) I even used the big saw to cut the wood---I was very proud of myself. :) It was actually a much easier project that I had envisioned. I just need to hang a mirror by it, and then it will be complete. :)

Comments

SWS said…
LOVE the ballet barre! Tell Cami that I've always wanted one in my 'exercise' room and now that I know YOU can install them guess who I'm gonna call?! Or maybe I'll just come over and borrow hers:-)
Stacy said…
Back to school...it's a love/hate situation for me! And the ballet bar is way cute!!
We are looking forward to fun year of carpooling, ballet and T-ball. Woohoo!!! First and third grade here we come.

Love the bar. Great job. You must have worked all evening on that. Good job!
Another Ginger???!??!?!!! I am so excited!!! :)

Oh- bilingual education kind of sounds like your not getting out of Spanish this semester either! :)
You and Ginger are very good Mommys. :)

Popular Posts