We met GOV. PERRY!!!
Gov. Rick Perry signed Senate Bill 297 and Senate Bill 93 on educational benefits for military veterans today at my school, so (thanks to Sarah's heads up) we were there to witness it & shake hands & take pictures with our AWESOME governor!!! Of course we were one of the first people in the room, and of course we were on the front row. The kids were excited about meeting the 'president' of our state. :) My Grandmother Ault always helped out when we saw Pres. Bush by grabbing his shoulder or using her loud voice, so my Grandmother came out in me today----as soon as they were done signing I rushed to the side of the stage where Gov. Perry would be exiting (yes, with all three of my kids). Luckily, a lady who was there with the governor, told us to go ahead and get up on stage with the governor. YES!!!! We went up on stage introduced ourselves, shook his hand, and then I was going to take a picture of him with my three kids, and he volunteered one of his 'secret service' guys to take the picture for us---YEEAAAAHHHH!! This was the second time for me to see Gov. Perry, but I wasn't so in awe as this time----Gov. Perry has been on FIRE lately with his opinions on states' rights and universal health care. :)




The last time I actually shook the hand of a Gov. from Texas, he became president . . . hmmmmmmmmm. :) OK OK don't see that happening but Perry for Governor yesireeeee!!! (forget it Hutchison) :)
*all of the above photos (except the first one) were courtesy of Cameron Bright Photography :) I was very proud watching her handle my camera to such accuracy---horizontal/vertical pictures & everything---is Cami the next Uncle Josh?!?! only time will tell. :)
The last time I actually shook the hand of a Gov. from Texas, he became president . . . hmmmmmmmmm. :) OK OK don't see that happening but Perry for Governor yesireeeee!!! (forget it Hutchison) :)
*all of the above photos (except the first one) were courtesy of Cameron Bright Photography :) I was very proud watching her handle my camera to such accuracy---horizontal/vertical pictures & everything---is Cami the next Uncle Josh?!?! only time will tell. :)

Comments