today is a wonderful day . . .
One of the good things to going to college to be a teacher is you learn all these catchy songs--one of which I just had to teach to my kiddoes . . . well I actually had in mind torturing them with it. :) Here's the words:
Today is a wonderful day,
For I am going away,
Not to the circus, not to the pool,
Can't you guess I'm going to school.
Tra la la la la, tra la la la,
Tra la la la la, tra la la la,
Tra la la la la, tra la la la,
Can't you guess I'm going to school.
Here was my torture plan: each morning when I woke them up for school, I would sing this lovely song. I love torturing them that way . . . when they are groggy and already upset you are waking them up. So I sing happily and excitedly can't you guess I'm going to school!!! Since this song is sooooo catchy it wasn't before long everyone was singing with me--now it is one of our favorite family songs!! tra la la la la, tra la la la!!

Comments