the perfect v-day gift . . . a stolen chihuahua

Wednesday night I came home from class to excited cheers of "Happy Valentine's Day!!!" Josh was holding the cutest little dog. Our neighbors had seen someone 'dump' the dog on a nearby street and had asked if we wanted the dog. Josh knew I had wanted an inside dog, so this solved his valentine's day gift dilemma. :) The next morning as I drove the kids to school, there on the stop sign was a big poster stating . . . LOST CHIHUAHUA . . . no, not my valentine chihuahua . . . it couldn't be . . . but yes, Josh had tried to give me a stolen dog for valentine's day. We did call the owner, and he excitedly came to get his (well, his wife's) dog. So, the next day . . . Josh was on a mission to get me a more (how do you put not stolen kind of dog?!) . . . he went to shelter after shelter and finally found our new family member . . . CHICA!!!!!This is Chica with my Dad . . . isn't she cute?!?!! She's been a perfect family member for our home . . . so far. :)

My Mom & Dad came to our home late Thursday night. We had a busy weekend planned, and they were happy about coming to take a part in all the events. First, our Cami was finally baptized. Memaw and Papa spoke at her baptism. It was really a wonderful event to see our Cami make special promises with her Heavenly Father. We know she is a very special girl, and we are lucky to have her in our home. :)After Cami got baptized (wearing all white), she then changed into the same dress I wore after I was baptized . . . a few years ago. :) My Grandmother Ricks made me this special dress. I got to pick out the colors and patterns and everything . . . I never realized I would be picking out the colors on my daughter's dress as well. It was very special to see her wearing MY dress.After a tasty meal at La Playa (it being a holiday and all . . . we got to eat at a Mexican restaurant), Papa & Karston cuddled up by the fire for a long winter/spring camp out. :) AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH! It is a pirate's life for me!!! Karston's birthday party was Saturday. All of his friends came to wish him a Happy Sixth Birthday . . . pirate style. :)







We played tug-of-war, walked the plank, pirate says, row row your boat, and who could stand on one leg the longest (being pegged leg pirates of course).




In the above picture it sure looks like Dad is having most of the fun--enjoy beating kids Dad?!

Papa & Kaykay reading books together. Memaw doing flips with Kaykay. :)







Comments

hoLLy said…
i didn't know you guys were dog thiefs! i don't know if we can be friends anymore:) he he.

congrats on cami's baptism day! she looked beautiful! can you believe you are a parent of an 8 year old? i'm next! :) and how awesome that she was able to wear your dress! i loved my baptism dress and wish i still had mine.
Stacy said…
Congrats on the baptism. I love the dress...both of them!!
Cami looks so much like you in that first pic. We thought we saw your car parked at La Playa. Sorry we missed Carston's party. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Diego has a present he wants to drop off for him some time.
Ericka Johnson said…
Chica is mui linda! And Josh really needs to quit stealing other people's dogs! :) Cami looks so cute. It was so nice to see her get baptized. Bridget had a lot of fun at Karston's party. She went on and on about all the frosting she got to put on her cupcake!
April said…
Cami looks just like you! How cute, and crazy that your oldest is baptized (uh, my oldest isn't even 1 yet!!). It was fun seeing photos of your parents too!
Anonymous said…
I can't believe she is wearing your same dress . . . memories. Congrads Cammi - don't make any bad choices you're perfect right now!
Cami looked so pretty. Tell her we thought about her on Friday. :) Looks like a fun weekend minus the stolen dog! :)
Tynel Jarnagin said…
The "stolen" dog is quite the story! I'm glad you were able to get another one! Cami looks beautiful and that is very neat that she could wear your same dress! Fun pirate party. You have such cute ideas!
My pictures don't look that bad after your touch ups! I am really enjoying Miss Kayden. Dad was cutting down a huge limb that was dangling from a tree. I opened the window and told him: "Robert, be careful!" Kayden crawled up in a chair and was watching her papa cut down the limbs--she yelled out: "Papa--be careful!" He replied: "Always!" Then she kept repeating the same caution over and over: "Papa--be careful!" Then she said to me: "Memaw--Papa is not listening to me any more!" :) We are enjoying her so.
Patty said…
I'm glad you were able to find a puppy to replace the little lost one. Look at it this way- You didn't steal him- you just took care of him until you could find his owner! I'm glad your parents were able to come for Cami's Baptism. It is really neat that she wore "your" dress after her baptism. She looks so much like you!!
Tara D. said…
I'm glad you were able to find a chihuahua that wasn't "stolen", lol. :) I bet it was a neat experience to not only have your daughter baptized, but for her to wear the same dress as yours afterward.

Popular Posts