Spirit week with the flu


This week has definitely been A LOT.  I came down with the worst cold/flu on Sunday, and did not have a speedy recovery . . . and instead of being able to take off a day, I couldn't because I was in charge of 'rock the week' (spirit week).  I couldn't just get out of what National Junior Honor Society had planned, since I'm the sponsor.  I trudged through the week on medicine, cough drops, and mercy from my students to somehow survive.  Here's to the week that should have been fun, but one I ended up living through.....

The picture above is from mismatch day, day of the wise below.




Peace and love day . . .




 Be [You] day . . . (United Way donated shirts to over 400 of our students.)


Twin day . . . (my face in this picture looks swollen, because it was) :(



And of course, we hosted a social on Friday afternoon benefiting NoMore Mat-Su and Alaska Family Services.  Rock the Week was to promote/advertise Rock the Resilience which is a community event helping teens become more aware of domestic violence and sexual assault--with more awareness, comes prevention.  The event will take place on Monday, Feb. 25th at 6:00 at the Glenn Massey Theater.





Each day I did feel a little bit better, but this illness surely made the rounds through our family. Karston and Kayden missed a day of school this week as well--this sickness has been going around school.  

We did feel a little better Saturday night, so we spent it with our favorite Alaskan family, the Degraffenreid's.  My favorite Snap Chat buddy, Landon, is pictured below.  Karston got more birthday gifts and was sung to by the waiters at the restaurant.




Josh got the bug later in the week, so he didn't feel like going anywhere Sunday, so Kayden, Karston, Kayden's friend, and I went to a restaurant Josh doesn't like, but our favorite, Texas Roadhouse.  Yum!




Cami was able to join us at the movies later after her work shift.  Karston was excited about this, even if he doesn't look like it in the picture.



My favorite Valentine from this week, by my Kayden.




After noticing my text messages from my sick husband and sharing with Karston, Kay, and Cam, everyone in our house agreed these texts were pretty funny . . . . We will be very happy when everyone in the house is better from this awful sickness.  :(



Comments

Popular Posts