the newest certified teacher in TX

To say I have been freaking out this last month would be an understatement. After sitting through college courses for the past almost four years, it all comes down to if you can pass the PPR (pedagogy and professional responsibility, EC-12) test and the Generalist EC-6th certification test. I had a friend who had trouble passing one of them, so it stressed me out even more. And of course those bad boys cost $120 each to take, so if I failed . . . it could add up fast. The tests weren't right/wrong answers, it was the 'best' answer, so that isn't my kind of test to take . . . ugh!
I didn't even tell anyone I was taking them, because if I failed I didn't want loser to be my new name. :) Luckily though, with a lot of studying, advice from friends, and support from a husband who never doubted my ability . . .
I PASSED both tests with scores (in Lehman's terms) of 95 & 93 respectively. :) I am so relieved--a massive weight has been lifted. YEAHHHHH!!!!
SO . . . now on to a summer of FUN!! and I'm heading to NASA on Sunday! I still can't really believe I am a certified teacher. I just have student teaching remaining in the Fall, and then I'll be in the unemployment line . . . probably. :( They always need substitutes right?! :)

Comments

Emma said…
Congrats!!! You will be an awesome teacher!!!
Becky said…
Congrats!! That's exciting. Yes, they do always need substitutes!
April said…
Wahoo! Congrats Amber!
Grammy Staffy said…
CONGRATS!!!! I am so proud of you. 95 and 93%.... WOW!!!

Here in CA I had to pass the CBEST test in order to teach. I was an A student in my classes but I hate standardized tests because I always seem to over think each qt. and just confuse myself. I remember how relieved I was that I passed CBEST the first time. Thank heavens I didn't have to pass two like you did.

I hope you enjoy student teaching and find a job right away. I am sure you will be a great teacher. Teaching is a hard career...but there was no other job that I wanted to do. I did it for 22 years after my kids were older. 3 of my 4 children teach. It is a good choice. Congrats again.... Hugs, Lura
Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!
I'm so behind on everybody's blogs...trying to catch up! So proud of you, sister! Love you.
Jake & Rachel said…
Amber, congrats! That is so exciting!! I have been wanting to reconnect with you and let you know what an inspiration you were/are to me. I remember watching you in Texas, thinking, how in the world does she do it?! But once we settled in CA, I decided it was time for me to go back and finish my BA. It's so hard with a busy family, but so worth it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that little part you played in one of the bigger decisions of my life! Congrats again!
Thank you Rachel! You made my day. :) & good luck with your school as well.

Popular Posts