college . . .
This semester has begun . . . and with the first few weeks of school, I tend to get really stressed, my immune system goes down, the bacteria I'm exposed to increases, I get sick, my professors tend to make me sicker, and I end up forgetting to shave one leg or by mistake cut off half my eye lashes (a story for another time) . . . . this semester has been no different. :( I have had a cold for a week now!!! Are they really supposed to last this long?! I had one teacher make me watch An Inconvenient Truth (AHHHHHHH!)---another teacher tell me Al Gore is nuts (yeah! he must have been inspired to know one of his students really needed that)---and another tell me & a few others who dared ask a question . . . um . . . exact words, "I don't know why you don't understand. You all have no common sense. You are product of the United States educational system" (all of that in a very Russian accent). It's been fun. BUT . . . with that said (and after a visit to the dean's office) . . . we are finally getting on a routine. I am taking 15 hours this semester, the most I have ever taken on, so a few bumps in the road were expected, but we are finally finding our rhythm, me with school and my family with a mom in school. Josh (as always) is my biggest cheerleader & best co-parent---I am really thankful for all he does for me & our kids (I am so glad I didn't have to peel that shrimp today)! I am so thankful for my kiddoes, who (Camee) does two days worth of homework in one night, so she can have her Mom help her, (Karston) who goes with the flow without complaining, & (Kay) who always has to have a big hug/kiss from her Mom before I leave. :) I LOVE my family!! & & & I am SO thankful to my friends---when I'm out on the edge of sanity--they show up with dinner (Allison)!!! & (Ava) who keep me excited about my ultimate goal---Ava called me and asked, when I'm a teacher, could she come to my classroom after school, so I could bring her home each day!!!! OF COURSE!!!!! (and she can clean my dry erase boards too he-he)! :) So . . . in a couple more months this part of my life will be OVER!!! This is my last semester of real 'coursework', in the Spring I get to hang out at Ella Barnes two days a week & then my final semester---just hangin' all week long with my peeps!!! I can't wait---and then I'll be stressed out about finding a job . . . but all stress in due time right!!?!!!!
sooooooo . . . I guess I'll open that door pictured above . . . um . . . 10 more times!!!! (once a week class) & then the ONLY time I'll ever have to do math again . . . is when I'm TEACHING it!!!!!!


Comments