a renewed effort :)

My blog has been slacking as of late . . . so, I'm officially declaring a renewed effort to blog/journal what is going on with the Bright Family--especially when we will be sooooo far away from loved ones in just a month and a half.

So here is a recap of the important things that have happened recently . . .


Well . . . I did get District Teacher of the Year . . . and I think I had a post about that . . . but I didn't get this picture until well after the fact . . . .  This is my principal, Letty Villa, and the superintendent, Paul Clore.  :)




Karston took the cutest picture with a goat!  & Cami found a LOVE for roller coasters!




We've taken a few selfies . . .


I ran into a goat while running . . .


We got to visit Uncle Josh this summer--and he took us to Six Flags!!  (and lots of other places--he knows his way around Dallas and Ft. Worth!)


I got a job at the school where I did my student teaching, where I was vice president of the PTA, and where Cami and Karston started in Kindergarten--Ella Barnes.  :)  This is on our fifth grade field trip to the Lexington!



I grew a mustache because I 'mustache' you to not do drugs!  :)



Halloween fell in there somewhere, and Kayden sang her heart out at her PTA performance!



I can't really remember where Karston & Kayden were, but sometime in the last few months, we had a special parent/Cami weekend in Houston.  We went to the Art Museum, and of course we found 'Rocky & Maggie's Petshop' because we our big Little Couple fans (a TV show that comes on TLC).  :)



We've gotten to spend some time with Granny!



Take a few more selfies . . .




Here's our attempt to take a family selfie at the New Mexico state line (this was before we knew we were going to move there the very next year)!!  :)

Sooooo, how or what is making us move?!  Well, this year (since Josh is a teacher and I am) was the first time we had Christmas off together--two weeks!  We decided to drive to Colorado (a post will be coming shortly of our adventures--I can't believe I never posted about it).  We fell in love with the mountains, and the wintry weather!  When we got back to Corpus, Josh learned about a Geico job opening in Northern New Mexico.  He had actually tried to get us to move there in the past, but I had just started teaching, and wasn't ready to move to a new job, much less state.  We were planning on moving--we had already started to look for houses in Corpus (we were quickly, well, we had been busting at the seems in our starter home that had turned into eleven year old home).  So, we decided if we were going to head out on an adventure . . . then we would have to take that chance now.  Cami will be a freshman this year, and I had always vowed I would never move my kids once they were in high school.  Josh got the job . . . I got a teaching job (eighth grade science) . . . we sold our home . . . we bought a home . . . and on June 6th we will be making the move.  Luckily the kids are very excited about the move, and the new adventures our family will have in the mountains of Santa Fe, NM!!  :)









Josh & I ran the Houston half-marathon . . .



I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in the Region 2 Science Collaborative this year.  We spent a week together during the summer, and we have had several meetings throughout the school year.  This was at one of our meetings . . . we made a 'cell.'  I am sooooooo doing this in the future.  :)




Karston, Kayden, and Cami had birthdays at some point . . . this was Karston's!



We took Dug on multiple runs . . . sometimes Josh can just wipe him out (which is hard to do).  :)  We love our Dug & Chica.





We bought Republic of Texas shirts when we found out we were moving to NM . . . with so much TX pride we had to wrap our brains about not living in the state we love.  :)




Hopefully through this post, you have seen a little of what we have been up to.  I do promise to keep you more informed as we move so far from family and friends.  We are lucky to live in this day and time where technology keeps families close even though mileage might stand in the way sometimes!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts