Teacher of the Year
I truly know that my place is in a classroom each day . . . am I perfect at it yet or will I ever be . . . that is definitely not even up for debate—I need help, advice, get stressed out, frustrated—pretty much on a daily basis, but I do know there is no other place I would rather be than in my classroom each day.
I was truly honored this past year to be selected as Gregory Portland Intermediate’s Teacher of the Year. This meant that I then had to go in front of the Assistant Superintendent and three members of the Portland Community to answer eight very difficult and lengthy questions—which I had to memorize for the occasion. Yes, it was very stressful, challenging, and nerve racking. This past Tuesday was the Teacher of the Year dinner at the Portland Country Club. A teacher from each GPISD campus who had been recognized as their Teacher of the Year (and gone through the interview process like me) was there representing their campuses. We each were introduced by our principals—Mrs. Villa, my principal, introduced me. :) It was really a great night and great honor for me being such a relatively new teacher.
At the end of the night, the community members who had sat through each interview, let us know who the District Teachers of the Year would be (secondary and elementary)—and yes, somehow, I got the honor of the Elementary District Teacher of the Year. It is truly an amazing thing—and really an unbelievable thing for me—I’m just doing something I truly love to do. :)
Now, I have to give a big speech to the whole district at the beginning of next school year . . . any ideas?! I think I need a lot of good jokes?!?!!

Comments
Ally