first (brief) trip through Colorado

Moab (42)Moab (43)

We woke up early to head to Moab, Utah.  We took our time traveling through Colorado.  We absolutely LOVED the town of Durango, CO.  We ate lunch at a park there, and dipped our feet in the nearby river.

Moab (44)Moab (45)Moab (46)Moab (47)Moab (48)Moab (49)Moab (50)Moab (51)Moab (52)Moab (53)

Josh and Karston practicing skipping rocks.

Moab (54)Moab (55)

We stopped at Mesa Verde.  Indian people had built their homes into the sides of mountains.  It was really amazing, and beautiful. 

Moab (56)Moab (57)Moab (60)Moab (61)Moab (63)Moab (64)Moab (65)Moab (67)Moab (68)Moab (70)Moab (71)Moab (73)Moab (74)Moab (75)Moab (76)Moab (77)

I do a project with my fifth graders where they have to design a bear safe trash can, one where humans can get in, but bears can’t.  I got pictures of a real trash can that does just that.  I can’t wait to show my students these after they have created their own version.

Comments

Popular Posts