End of School

Josh did awards day duty during these last few days of school.  First he was able to attend Karston’s awards day, and then on the very last day of school (May 30th for Cameron & Kay, May 31st for Karston), he was able to watch Kayden at her school.  CAM00124 CAM00125 CAM00126 CAM00128   CAM00138

We are very proud of our kiddos!  :)  Kayden got the Math and Social Studies Awards, plus the A Honor Roll.  Karston got the highest score on a geography test, so he received a medal.  Another big accomplishment for Karston is that he was chosen to participate in the All Star Tournament for the National Little League.  We are very proud of him.  I almost got to watch Cameron get her awards, but the awards ceremony got a little lengthy, and I had to go with my fifth grade classes.  Cameron got the Most Courteous Student in Math and (um . . . ) Science, and the Best Effort Award in English.  I couldn’t resist giving Cameron an award in my class.  This school year wouldn’t have been the same without seeing her each day in fifth period.  I love my Cameron, and I don’t know how I will make it without her next year.

IMAG1829 So, when did I realize that it was truly summer time?!?!  After cleaning out my room (we had a teacher workday on the 31st), getting the necessary paperwork signed, rushing to get to Karston’s school for the family picnic, and then returning home and realizing that I didn’t have to start laundry right away or clean because I had more than just the weekend to do it . . . that was when I truly realized it is SUMMER TIME!!!!  :)  Yes, I do love the perks of my job.

The above picture is of two of my favorite fifth graders.  I truly love being a teacher, and I was barely able to hold back the tears on that last day of school.  I was very proud of all my students this year . . . and yes, the one student on my left (Ashley) . . . she had wanted to be a veterinarian the beginning of the school year, but now she wants to be an astronaut.  :)  I love being in a classroom, and imparting the true emotions I have and feel about exploring the world around us.  Yes, my favorite quote, and one most of my students have memorized is:  “This cause of exploration and discovery is not an option we choose, it is a desire written in the human heart.”  Finding and igniting that desire in the hearts of my students each year, is truly what I live for and definitely what I judge my success by.  (Pres. Bush said the quote during the memorial service after the Columbia explosion.)  So . . . the wheels are already beginning to turn for next year, but first I may organize my closet, paint a bathroom, paint the front of my house, vacation in Moab, Utah, and attend a week conference at the Johnson Space Center . . . . YEAH!!!  What time is it?!  SUMMER TIME!!

Comments

Way to go Amber! First full year of teaching! You amaze me!! Your kids are adorable and I hope coming to see me is on your list for the summer!! I love you so much!

Popular Posts