Camp Mira Sol
I guess I shouldn’t quite be posting Cami’s adventures at her first YW’s camp because, well, she doesn’t get home until tomorrow, so I may have to do an updated post later . . . . but here is what I know so far. . . .
I was able to travel up with the young women in our church on Tuesday morning, we left about 7:00 AM that morning. We headed to a very small town, Waring, Texas. It is about 30 miles North of Boerne, Texas—just North of San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country (or Texas Mountain Country if you ask Cameron).
The girls were organized by how many years they had been to camp--I got to stay with the fourth year girls until yesterday, and then I headed home. After the three hour trip home, I took a shower, ate lunch, and then took a long, long, much needed nap.
Cameron is having the time of her life—enjoying being around her friends, participating in the activities, and swimming of course. They have played Just Dance, tied dyed shirts, learned about gospel principles, eaten pretzels, watched Johnny Lingo (the newer version is so good—it was my first time seeing the new one), hiked three miles, gone on moon-lit hikes, sang camp songs, made their own lunch on a camp fire, been scared out of their minds each night, learned how to tie knots and first aid basics, and just have really enjoyed strengthening their friendships and having fun (definitely brings back memories for me, since this was my 14th or 15th year going to camp).
This is Cameron’s cabin. She bunked with some of the girls from our ward, and her friends from the Portland ward. She was so excited to see her Portland friends there.

Rachel and Samantha at girls’ camp. I teach the Beehive Class at church, this is the 12-13 year olds. The girls above used to be my 'beehives', but they have turned the big 14 now. :(
Cameron is definitely enjoying the pool each day.



Cameron and Audrey--Audrey was my student this past year in science. :)

(above) Cameron’s cabin at breakfast.

Samantha and Jessica--two girls from our ward.




Their ‘inspirational wall' as Cameron calls it—they put all their hand outs on this wall.




The first year girls.



We did have a storm move in Wednesday evening—It certainly cooled things off, but also made the scorpions and ants come out.
This is definitely a week Cameron will not forget. I am so excited she gets to experience what I did when I was a young woman. I know she will have lots more stories to tell when she gets back on Saturday.
I was able to travel up with the young women in our church on Tuesday morning, we left about 7:00 AM that morning. We headed to a very small town, Waring, Texas. It is about 30 miles North of Boerne, Texas—just North of San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country (or Texas Mountain Country if you ask Cameron).
The girls were organized by how many years they had been to camp--I got to stay with the fourth year girls until yesterday, and then I headed home. After the three hour trip home, I took a shower, ate lunch, and then took a long, long, much needed nap.
Cameron is having the time of her life—enjoying being around her friends, participating in the activities, and swimming of course. They have played Just Dance, tied dyed shirts, learned about gospel principles, eaten pretzels, watched Johnny Lingo (the newer version is so good—it was my first time seeing the new one), hiked three miles, gone on moon-lit hikes, sang camp songs, made their own lunch on a camp fire, been scared out of their minds each night, learned how to tie knots and first aid basics, and just have really enjoyed strengthening their friendships and having fun (definitely brings back memories for me, since this was my 14th or 15th year going to camp).
This is Cameron’s cabin. She bunked with some of the girls from our ward, and her friends from the Portland ward. She was so excited to see her Portland friends there.
Rachel and Samantha at girls’ camp. I teach the Beehive Class at church, this is the 12-13 year olds. The girls above used to be my 'beehives', but they have turned the big 14 now. :(
Cameron is definitely enjoying the pool each day.
Cameron and Audrey--Audrey was my student this past year in science. :)
(above) Cameron’s cabin at breakfast.
Samantha and Jessica--two girls from our ward.
Their ‘inspirational wall' as Cameron calls it—they put all their hand outs on this wall.
The first year girls.
We did have a storm move in Wednesday evening—It certainly cooled things off, but also made the scorpions and ants come out.
This is definitely a week Cameron will not forget. I am so excited she gets to experience what I did when I was a young woman. I know she will have lots more stories to tell when she gets back on Saturday.

Comments