blood, sweat, and tears . . .

IMAG1483

Our kitchen table has been a disappointment to say the least, the top started pealing soon after we got it, and I always had grandeur plans to transform the table by tiling it . . . well, it has probably been about a year since I first had the idea . . . I’ve just always been a little too scared to take on such a big project without my sister closer by (Arkansas is tooooo far!!).  Smile

But, this week I decided to take on the table . . . .

IMAG1484

I decided to take on the project as a mosaic (I thought it would be easier that way—no figuring out exact measurements—or needing tools to cut tile exactly).  First, came the gluing part and the breaking tile part.  I found this green glass tile for only $.38 at Lowe’s, so I hammered those, and some slate tiles.  So, maybe there is still blood drops in the garage from my many flesh wounds (o.k., that was gross, but it is so true).  That glass/tile was so sharp, I don’t think one of my fingers made it out safe and sound.  Karston helped me cut the new molding to go around the table.

 IMAG1490IMAG1491

The next thing in the process was to grout between the tiles.  This took forever . . . and ever . . . and ever.  I even had to go back to the store to get more grout to finish the project.

 

After the grout dried, and multiple scrubbings of each stones, it was time to pour the resin over the table top . . . so this isn’t quite the finished project . . . but give it 72 hours, still need to sand and stain the molding, and finally my table will be done!

IMAG1495

After multiple scared moments where I thought I ruined the table . . . and many times where I thought I would just give up . . . I think it turned out o.k. in the end.  It will definitely be a conversation piece.  Smile

If you really want to learn how to do true craft projects—visit my sister’s blog—there is a link on the left—Ginger Snap Crafts!  Smile

Comments

It looks so fancy!!!! I love it! Sorry about your fingers though! Ouch!

Popular Posts