Air Show

We had a busy weekend--it all started on Friday when I had to take pictures at Renee and Jeremiah's wedding. It was at a beautiful ranch in San Patricio, a little town north of Corpus. On Saturday, we woke up early to go run (of course, that is our Saturday morning ritual, and the only day I usually get to run during the week), and then we headed to the air show!! We were very excited to see the F-16 and the Blue Angels (Karston's ninth time to see them). :) But, the weather didn't cooperate, and the distance between the ground and the clouds wasn't large enough for many of the acts that day (including the Blue Angels). :(

We did get to see the truck hooked up to a jet engine race an airplane though. :) And we saw the F-16 in action. :) After church Sunday, I was trying to take a nap, but the sounds of jet engines woke me up. I couldn't resist. I headed out to the backyard, and watched the Blue Angels from our backyard. Josh, Karston & Kay joined in. :)


Everything is a little CRAZY around here right now. I have lots of big projects coming due, plus some tests, projects, papers, lesson plans, and more papers . . . (pray for me) . . . but at the end of this month . . . I'll be ohhhhhh! so close to having a Bachelors degree. :) This is my last semester of real classes, next semester is all student teaching. I don't know if the kids will handle having mom home in the evening time, but I'll count myself very lucky to put them in bed each night (for at least the first month anyways). :)

And I'm ohhhh so closer to knowing if I get to go to NASA Pre-Service Institute--a week long seminar at NASA in Houston. I'll be having my phone interview in the next week or so. Yikes--I hope I get in, they won't find anyone who WANTS to go to it more-that is for sure!! :)


Kayden had her interview with SST (the school Cameron & Karston go to) a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe my little girl will be starting kindergarten. :) She is still my baby though. & I have so enjoyed seeing the friendship between Hailey & her grow and develop. Yes, they are playing together right now. :) I am going to miss Hailey, when we don't trade off each day. And I am so thankful for Jennifer Osborne. I was so scared at times, not knowing how I could complete school and get the classes I needed just at night, and the time did come where I knew I had to go during the day. I was so lucky to work up this deal with Hailey's mom---especially because I consider her to be a better mom than me (and everyone else, except my Mom). :)


And, I am so lucky to have the handsomest and best husband in the whole world, who has supported me the WHOLE time. Thank you Josh.


Now on to real life . . . got to get supper cooked before I leave for grammar class . . . :)

Comments

Grammy Staffy said…
Oh my... good luck on the tests and good luck with your student teaching. I wish I could be your master teacher. Anyone who gets you will be really lucky. I had some great student teachers and one that was a real lulu. I am sure
you will love it.

John and I have been in a terrible car accident. This is my 23rd day in the hospital. It is hard but I know we are blessed to be alive so I try not to complain too much.
Good luck with your studies. We need more good teachers.
Hugs, Lura

Popular Posts