I never looked good in a red beret . . .
. . . and the above picture pretty much proves that . . . but I would only pose for a picture looking like this, with my best friend, Allison. :)In May, her husband, Jason, graduated with his masters degree. I tried to be happy for him, but I knew deep down that this would mean he would be looking for a job, better suited for his new career path. :( And sure enough, last month, the Cunningham Family decided to make the big move from Corpus to Macon, GA. This is their last week to call Corpus home. :(
Now . . . to say this has been emotional would be an understatement. I am so going to miss my best friend!! :( I am so lucky to have known her--and to call her my friend. & I know a few miles won't keep our friendship from growing, but I will so miss having her HERE!!!
I will always remember the great times we had together, from our Bachlorette nights to PTA madness. I will forever lovingly refer to us as Batman and Robin. :) I won't forget the many phone calls where I vented and you listened. I won't forget watching our kids play city . . . play school . . . fight . . . hug . . . and for the most part, so much enjoy being together. I won't forget our trip to San Marcos where you forced me into buying that clock. he-he I won't forget the fashion advice---(raising my right hand) I promise to never buy clothes from Wal-mart again. :) My kids will definitely miss going to your neighborhood for Halloween. & I know I will never live down the 6 am 5K. I have to stretch ok?!! & I promise, my astronomy teacher said we would be meeting right there at that beach!! I won't forget our trip to East Texas, it was so nice to have a friend to follow (not so nice having her daughter in my car . . . ). I definitely won't forget all the help you gave me during the talent show. :) & the way you supported me during all of that . . . I read the email you wrote (you know the one), everytime I need a self-esteem boost. :) I won't forget our countless trips to the beach. I'll always be thankful for the way you could read me & my family--you knew when things weren't going so good . . . and you were always willing to help. I love how you love Kayden. :) I love how Cameron looks up to you, and I'm so sad you won't be here for her to talk to, when she doesn't want to talk to her Mom. I'll miss dragging you to political events . . . Gov. Perry tomorrow remember?! I'll miss getting your feedback and ideas for my college projects. I'm glad we don't weed the flower beds at Barnes anymore, because who would help me do that now (no other husband would feel sorry for me, to give up time with his wife)?!! :) I enjoyed our trip to Austin where I completed my first half marathon, a few hours after you did. I'll miss our religious discussions, but I do think I have set you straight that Mormons do celebrate Easter and Christmas, right?! And who in the world is going to get tattoos with me?!! :) And what are we going to do this summer?!!! & hey, you were supposed to be the nurse at the school I taught at. AHHHH! I will definitely miss your kiddoes as well. Adiah is more my daughter when it comes to her political savvy. & Miss Ava . . . she was supposed to be MY student. :( BUT . . . one thing is definitely for sure . . . (when Allison gets there) Macon will then be the second best city to live . . .
We will miss you Cunningham Family!!!! We know this is a great move for your family, we just hope in a few years another move will bring you back here!! :)

Comments
These are such great memories and I laughed while I read it. I love how you put it all into words and I didn't even need a translator this time. Ha.
This is what you were writing this am when I called you. Not your family letter??? I knew you sounded distracted.