Christmas 2010


Dear Family and Friends,

Well, Josh quit his job of 11 years at Geico, Amber quit school with only two semesters left, we sold our home, pulled the kids out of school, and are expecting any day now the sum of 10 million from the guy in Nigeria that Josh has been corresponding. O.K. maybe not . . . changed our mind once Josh got something from Publishers Clearing House in the mail. Anyway, we wanted to start this letter with something more interesting than the obligatory “Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!” (Yikes! It still got in.)

For those of you saying, “but Amber, your Christmas letter is the most exciting part of my family’s Christmas celebration, and we so look forward to it with joyful glee and anticipation” - I cannot disappoint . . . so this section is for you . . . The usual facts/stats about kids, animals, etc.
You are welcome to skip this section and jump to the “with love” part if you want.

Bright Family 2010 Facts and Stats (read in a monotone voice, it gives you the full effect):

Josh: Josh is still working as the Auto Damage Supervisor over South Texas. He just completed his eleventh year with Geico, and shortly thereafter got his tenth year present. He loves to be at the beach. Windsurfing is his favorite hobby, but the Corpus wind hasn’t cooperated much this year. Josh has also tackled triathlons this year as well. He has completed three half-marathons, and three triathlons.
Amber: I’m still working on my degree at Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, which takes up most of my time. I took 15 hours this past semester, which was a struggle, but I learned a lot. I’m really thankful to Josh, for being so supportive and helpful as we have tackled this together. My photography business continues to grow, I completed my 26th wedding this year. I, also, love being a Mom to my three kiddoes. And I joined Josh in one of those half-marathons, maybe I’ll try another one this next year. The highlight of our summer, for Josh & I, was when we were able to travel to the Caribbean Island of Dominica. We will never forget how soar our muscles were after the eight mile hike to the second largest boiling lake in the world, and then the eight mile hike back down.
Cameron: Cameron is growing up right before our eyes. She turned 10 years old this year. She is so fun, and Josh & I both enjoy talking with her, and watching her turn in to a beautiful young woman, inside & out. She has started taking violin lessons this year. She, also, went to windsurfing camp this summer. Dad is grateful to have his daughter love his hobby as well. Cameron is a good student, and loves science. She wants to be a volcanologist when she grows up.
Karston: Karston is seven years old. He enjoyed playing baseball earlier this year. It was his first year in the coach pitch league. Karston is on the robotics team at school. He loves building things, and Lego’s are his favorite toys. He is a very smart young man, and we are very proud of him.
Kayden: Kayden is four, and I wouldn’t say she is looking forward to starting school. We are going to have to work on the excitement level. She is content to be at home with her Mom. Kayden takes dance class, and tries to teach her Dad & Mom all the moves when she gets home. She loves playing with her best friend, Hailey. She definitely brings character and personality to our home with her facial expressions and words of wisdom. We love our Kay.
Emma & Chica: Emma, our German Shepherd, is working on her behavior issues after she pulled me across the ground in hopes of biting a friendly little pug. Chica, our Chihuahua, is still trying to win over Josh’s affection, but she has Cameron & I wrapped around her little paw.

O.K. . . now before you go to sleep, we do wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in 2011!! We will be making the rounds . . . so if you see us this holiday season, count yourself lucky . . . if not, maybe next year.

Love,


The Bright Family  

Comments

Popular Posts