Pics., b'days, Orville, health fairs, and a 5K


My sister was complaining I don't update my blog enough lately . . . well, here are a few reasons why. :) (above) I had three photo shoots this weekend--two bridal portraits and one engagement session. Cami went with me to one, and we definitely had to take her signature cart wheel on the beach picture, plus the heart above was her idea. :) Love is in the air!! I have two weddings scheduled for April . . . I love weddings!! (& I'm not stressed about it . . . yet)
(below) Karston did a research project on the Wright Brothers. We were able to go up to the school to see his history project and power point, yes, he created a power point!! He dressed up as Orville Wright for the big day. Karston loves to fly. He is really amazed at the Wright Brothers and their invention. He has a documentary ready to watch about them with his Dad. :) We love our Karston, & we were very proud of him. Thank you Adiah for letting us use your hat.
(below) Kayden & Josh both celebrated birthdays this week---Kayden turned 4 on Monday & Dad turned 26 on Tuesday. :) Hailey, Kayden's best friend, and her family came and ate dinner with us on her big day. Kayden got a bicycle for her birthday. All of our kids thus far have learned to ride a bike without training wheels when they were four, so now it is Kayden's turn--I don't think she'll have a problem with it. :)



(above) Kayden wanted the cake with a princess crown. :)
(below) This Saturday Josh & Cami participated in the Good Will 5K. This was Cami's second 5K. We are very proud of her. :) She has promised to pick up the speed next time.

(above) Cami & Adiah hanging out at the starting line. :)


(above) All day Saturday---I got to participate in a community health fair. I have a farmer's tan from the wonderful experience too. :( It was for one of my classes at school---we got to teach kids about good eating habits, the different food groups, and exercise. AARGH!! A HEALTHY LIFE FOR ME! was my group's station. They had to ride on their pirate ships (tricycles) to the buried treasure. They received a treasure map with a specific food group, and then they had to find the food that matched that food group in the sand. Most of the kids had fun with it, and Karston said he liked my station best. Each child had a bracelet, and if they filled their bracelet with beads (one for each game they played), they received a cook book with familiar faces on the cover cooking. :) Yes, I took pictures of my kids and designed a cover for it . . . there is a reason I'm always on the dean's list. he-he I had fun. I can't wait to be a teacher!!!
And, I need to take pictures of my new laundry room. Yes, I know, it is like buying a mini-van, but I've guess I have reached the age of appreciation for those types of things. :) Our washer (which had to be jump started every time it got to the spin cycle) and our dryer (that took about 3 hours to dry one load) finally said enough is enough and bit the dust. I got to replace it with a new front-loading washer and dryer--that stack on top of each other. We painted our laundry room, redid the shelves, and made it an actually good experience to wash clothes. :)
And, we finally, finalized where and what we will be doing for a vacation this year . . . I am soooooo excited!! Josh is always great at looking for locations where tourist don't go . . . um . . . no night life and no shopping sound very good to us. We have gone to St. Kitts for the last two years, and we have loved it there, but we wanted to try something a little different this year . . . (drum roll) . . . Dominica. Here is a look at the hotel we will be staying at: http://www.fortyounghotel.com/. We are really excited to be able to walk around an active volcano, rain forest, and see whales!! It will be just Josh & I again---I can't wait. :)
Now . . . on to a meeting with the principal to discuss the upcoming school talent show I am in charge of, plus headed this weekend to finalize all the details of my sister's wedding & have fun at it in about 11 days, need to get Kayden sized for a dress for an upcoming quinceanero, and I need to get my car inspected and clean . . . and . . . and . . . :)

Josh . . . when are we planning on taking your boat out?!?

Comments

brandi said…
phew... I got tired just reading your list! You are superwoman! Mind sharing your secrets with me?
Josh said…
That little girl looks like Abby when she was young.
i can't wait to see my amazing sister!!!
Sounds busyyyyyyy!!!!! Can't wait to see your new laundry room!!!
Stacey said…
you are busy!! and you will be a GREAT teacher!!! :)

Popular Posts