a Republican P-A-R-T-Y!!

Tonight we attended a Republican Candidate Party hosted by Kay Bailey Hutchison. We ate yummy/greasy Mexican food, the kids got balloons, our little Kay met big Kay, the whole family shook the senator's hand (and stupid me didn't bring my camera--ugh!), met and saw many Republican candidates, danced to some electric guitar, Karston got an official star pin from the Sheriff Jim Kaelin, we got gavels from County Judge Lloyd Neal, and we met Jessica Puente-Bradshaw. She is running for the heated contest of U.S. Congressman from District 27---currently held by the godfather Solomon Ortiz. While our county has done wonders electing Republicans in the last few elections, we have yet to unseat this incumbent. Willie Vaden (who Josh & I both have refused to ever vote for) tries every year to unseat him---unsuccessfully. My doctor, George Benavides, actually tried to beat Vaden in the Rep. primaries last year, but was unsuccessful--what?!!, still trying to wrap my mind around that one. So I'm thinking many people feel the same way, so this year the seat is highly contested for the Republican party---Puente-Bradshaw, Duerr, and Farenthold are all running against Vaden. I first met Jessica as I was about to hog down two tacos and these little taco/egg roll thingies. She just stopped by and introduced herself to me. I knew of her--a lady 'from the valley, Mexican with a white girl's name', but that was about all. She stood out to me---I liked her, first impression went well, and she said everything I agree with. I got Josh, & introduced her to him---we were still in the process of trying to decide who we would vote for in this primary. We learned more about her & her family, and we found out we had more in common with her than we thought. She met her husband at Baylor University, and then transferred to the University of Utah to finish her degree. Her husband had served a two-year mission in San Antonio. Yes, yes, she is a member of our church too. :) She is really an awesome individual, and working hard to be able to run against the awful Ortiz. She has the 'it' factor---she just needs her name to get out there more!!!! So--we are now official Jessica Puente-Bradshaw supporters!!!!! :) As she says, "The only choice to unseat Oritz!!" :) Kayden got into the spirit as well tonight, as we put her sign up in our yard!!
and then she thought her balloon might give her some flying power . . .
we are still unsure of how she got that balloon around her waist . . . hmmmm
So . . . if you haven't heard of Jessica Puente-Bradshaw--look at her website http://www.texansforjessica.com/ & I'm sure you'll find reasons to vote for Jessica on March 2 (in the Rep. primaries) & very soon thereafter during the real race against godfather Ortiz!!

Comments

You are awesome! I can't wait till you get here!!
brandi said…
How exciting! I'm headed to her website now!

Popular Posts