videos from New Mexico

I met up with a friend while on a business trip to Las Cruces and El Paso over the weekend. I flew out a little early so we could go on a hike in the Organ Mountains. We hiked up Filmore Pass to about 9k feet. The altitude didn't affect me as bad as I thought it might- but I could tell I wasn't at sea level for sure. There was even snow left in some shady areas from earlier in the week. In all it took us about 6 hours. These trails were not the type you find in nice parks with benches and waterfountains by the way. I was hurting.

The "narrows." This is a gorge we passed through.

On our way down.

The end of the trail - for us. It's actually the beginning- or where we should have started but didn't. Our way up consisted of a lot of overgrown trails and lots of cactus and thorns.

Comments

Ally said…
Looks beautiful..I am glad you survived!:) If I'd seen that warning sign I would have turned back and gone home.:)

Popular Posts