How I Feel About My Enlisted Child


How I Feel About My Enlisted Child


You are children today and then adults tomorrow.
Our babies grow up we learned to our sorrow.
When I close my eyes I see you playing in the past.
Where did the time go - and why so fast?
I watched every day as you changed and grew.
Now here you are - the perfect grown up you.
You filled my days with needs for which I could help.
Then joined the military and made my heart melt.
You may be taking this step and leaving my nest,
But you are still a part of me - the part that's the best!
You have made me proud from the moment you were born
Again, when you enter the branch in which you're sworn
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers every night,
Your military family will become your second home, 
and they will keep you busy wherever you roam.
Support from me will never ever cease!
Because your job now is to keep the peace.
When you are gone and having a bad day,
remember you know how to act and what to say
Because I taught you how to be all you can be
and there is no one prouder in the world than me!
So go and show them all that makes you YOU!
Remembering that our community salutes you too!

By:  Jenny Mars
 





Comments

Popular Posts