Beach to Bay and the Harbor Bridge
We participated in the largest relay marathon in the world this past weekend--Beach to Bay. :) This was our ninth time to participate, and it is always a fun race to run. This was the second year in a row that my brother got to participate with us. Our team consisted of: 1st leg-David Payne, 2nd leg-Maria Payne, 3rd leg-me, 4th leg-Karston, 5th leg-Josh B., and Josh A. ran us home (with the longest leg). :) Thank you Payne Family & Josh for coming to Corpus to help us run! We just wish the weekend and the visiting could have lasted longer . . . .
We love many things about Corpus Christi . . . but one thing I had always wanted to do, but hadn't yet, was to run the Harbor Bridge. Josh did it during his first half marathon (a few years back). Karston & Josh ran it with me. It was only about 3 miles over and back, and wasn't as hard as I though it would be (the grade is really gradual) . . . but the wind and the height . . . well, that was a bit on the scary side. It was a beautiful view--I'm so glad I was able to do it before we moved to NM. :)













Comments