Memorial Day Weekend
Last Friday we had Cultural Day at Cameron’s school. She dressed up as a girl from Germany (of course, who would have guessed that?!). Anyway, I thought I did pretty good with her outfit sewing it last minute and all. :) And yes, Abby, that is the apron you made me with a few German-like touches. :)
I’ve started cleaning out my classroom, preparing for the summer time. One of the things we had to do was take home our class pets. I have a tarantula named Yuri, and a turtle named Neptune. The tarantula is no problem at all—just feed it a few live crickets about once a month, and it is good, no cleaning the cage required. The turtle on the other hand, posed a tougher challenge. He was a water turtle, so his tank had to be cleaned out at least once a week. And cleaning out a turtle tank is soooooo gross and stinky. But, Cameron was in LOVE with that turtle. I didn’t want the turtle at our house, and especially not stinking it up, so I made a bargain with Cameron—let the turtle go to the pond, and I’ll get you a rodent. She agreed, and thus we have a new family member, Biscuit Bright, a.k.a. Double B! Cameron has wanted a guinea pig for a couple of years now . . . so here we go with our newest family member. :) So far, so good, and Memaw he doesn’t stink . . . yet. :)
We didn’t have school today, but I still needed to get my room ready for the summer, so I headed to Portland with Kayden. Josh, Karston, and Cameron headed on a bike ride—they aren’t back yet—last I heard they were on their 26th mile. :) Of course, they got to stop at Whataburger on their trip too.

Comments