Beach to Bay

On Armed Forces Day each year, our family participates in Beach to Bay (I think this was our six or seventh year).  :)  This year was extra special for me, because my bib read ‘PARENT’.  I got to run the second leg (4.67 miles) with my son, Karston.  He did AWESOME (and yes, I did slow him down).  :( 

 

We met our bus that would shuttle us to our starting point (close to Bob Hall Pier) at 5:00 AM.  Yikes!  It was still dark and cold.  Karston & I endured the long wait, and then . . . the race started at 7:00 AM.  Our first leg runner, Tyler Payne, did an amazing job—he finished his leg in 20 minutes, and gave Karston & I a huge head start.  We were lucky to have the Payne family run with us (it is a tradition for us as well).  :) beach 4beach 2Karston & I waiting to hand off.  We used the pink noodle, so Tyler could find us in the crowd. 

 

Karston BEFORE:  beach 3  Karston AFTER:beach 1

beach 5

This was our team this year (left to right):  Michele Campos (6th leg), Tyler Payne (1st leg), Josh Bright (5th leg), Karston & I (2nd leg), Maria Payne (3rd leg), and Chris Payne (4th leg).  We finished 58th in our team category (not too bad).  :)

 

And still . . . I dream of one day, that all my six sisters run beach to bay . . . .  

Comments

I'll do it next year! Promise!! :)

Popular Posts