Wings over South Texas

Today we headed out to the Wings over South Texas Air Show!!  :)  Yes, this has become a ritual for our family--and Karston, Kayden, and I haven't missed a year.  Camee and Josh sometimes are too busy or don't want to drive to Kingsville or hey, I'm running in Moab, Utah today, but whatever their excuse, Karston & I for sure can't miss it.  :)  Karston went to his first air show when he was just a few months old in Ft. Worth.  Then we moved to Corpus, and are lucky to have the Blue Angels come each year.  Camee doesn't like the loud noises, so I let her bring a friend along.  Ginger's family (Camee's friend) coincidentally had VIP tickets for the air show, so my one child who doesn't like the air show got to sit in comfortable chairs, had all the food she wanted, and had her best friend to talk to during the show.  To say, this made Karston, Kayden, and I really jealous . . . yes it did.  :)


(above) This is the B-1 Bomber.  We have seen it only one other time--in a fly by.  This year, we actually saw one up close on the ground.  Yes, I touched a B-1 today.  :)  (below)  Karston had to do push-ups with a Marine to get a free poster.

(above) Karston's favorite concept car.  :)  (below)  Karston & the B-25--this is the bomber that the US sent over to Japan after the Japanese bombed us in Pearl Harbor--the Doolittle Raids.  Karston was right up next to the plane as it taxied off for its turn in the air.  Then, it go really smokey because the bombs that were dropped by the B-25 (yes, pretend-pyrotechnics), set the grass on fire.  :(




(above and below) more pictures of the B-1


(above) Camee actually got the autograph of the driver who took this bus to 314 mph!
(above) my favorite airplane of all time--the A-10 Wharthog  :)  This was the first major jet I saw in an airshow---the Nacogdoches Air Show to be exact.
And, of course the Blue Angels rounded out our experience in Kingsville.  Ohhhhhhhhh the sound of jet engines--nothing is better.  :)

P.S.  Sorry about the above pictures, Josh took my camera to Moab, so all I had was my phone, and you really couldn't see what you were taking a picture of it was so bright outside.  :(

Comments

Popular Posts