Rockin' a Marathon
Josh completed his very first MARATHON!! :) We are very proud of our Dad---Camee, especially, who had to take Dad's medal (not Mom's measly half-marathon medal) to school today to show her teachers.
BUT, it almost didn't happen. First off, Josh came down with a fever on Thursday afternoon. He was sick and in bed Thursday & Friday. And, pretty miserable, knowing that he had trained for months to be able to run 26.2 miles. Luckily, his fever subsided on Saturday morning, and we definitely can't say he was 100 percent, but he was able to pull off his first marathon. I am so proud of him!!! It was so neat watching him come in as he finished the race--this is a big accomplishment for him (and well, anybody--only .1 of the population ever tries it). I love my marathoner!! :)
I, on the other hand, hadn't quite trained well enough for my 13.1 miles. Doing my student teaching has definitely taken up a lot of my time, so my training has consisted of weekend long runs (mostly). And then waking up feeling nauseated the day of the event, I almost just stayed in the hotel, but you really can't turn back . . . so I headed to the event hoping I would feel up to it. I didn't beat my time from my last half marathon, but I finished, so I count it as a victory. :)
The weather was really nice until about mile 8-9 when the sun decided to break through the clouds, so Josh & I are rocking farmer tans today. It was in the 80s when we finished the race. Ugh!
Josh's friend Chris & Kris also ran the half-marathon. Congrats to both of you guys as well! It was definitely a fun weekend to be able to visit with friends, be by ourselves, and accomplish our goals. (again) I am so PROUD of Josh!!! Congratulations!! :)
BUT, it almost didn't happen. First off, Josh came down with a fever on Thursday afternoon. He was sick and in bed Thursday & Friday. And, pretty miserable, knowing that he had trained for months to be able to run 26.2 miles. Luckily, his fever subsided on Saturday morning, and we definitely can't say he was 100 percent, but he was able to pull off his first marathon. I am so proud of him!!! It was so neat watching him come in as he finished the race--this is a big accomplishment for him (and well, anybody--only .1 of the population ever tries it). I love my marathoner!! :)
I, on the other hand, hadn't quite trained well enough for my 13.1 miles. Doing my student teaching has definitely taken up a lot of my time, so my training has consisted of weekend long runs (mostly). And then waking up feeling nauseated the day of the event, I almost just stayed in the hotel, but you really can't turn back . . . so I headed to the event hoping I would feel up to it. I didn't beat my time from my last half marathon, but I finished, so I count it as a victory. :)
The weather was really nice until about mile 8-9 when the sun decided to break through the clouds, so Josh & I are rocking farmer tans today. It was in the 80s when we finished the race. Ugh!
Josh's friend Chris & Kris also ran the half-marathon. Congrats to both of you guys as well! It was definitely a fun weekend to be able to visit with friends, be by ourselves, and accomplish our goals. (again) I am so PROUD of Josh!!! Congratulations!! :)


Comments