for song of bird, and hum of bee :)

For flowers that bloom about our feet;
For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
For song of bird, and hum of bee;
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

We have so much to be thankful for this year--good health, good kids, good jobs, graduation, . . . we could go on.  It is so nice to be able to have one day where we think of those things that we are grateful for, but don't always remember.  :)

 
One of those things is being able to eat Thanksgiving dinner using Grandmother & Grandaddy Ault's glasses.  We always, or should I say the adults always, drank from them when we had big family functions.  I'm glad I can drink from them with my kiddoes.  :)  And, yes, there were death threats if anyone broke one of Grandmother's glasses.  I miss my Grandmother.

I'm very thankful to have such a wonderful husband and father for my children.  They enjoyed a bike ride this morning.  :)

We were glad to have Granny & Rosy come spend this past week with us.  It would be lonely with no family here during the holidays.
And, we are about to head out to the movies to see Jack & Jill . . . that should complete our Thanksgiving day (plus I have fresh chocolate chip cookies about to go in my purse for the show).  :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!  We are so looking forward to seeing Josh & Memaw next week, and then having a house full for my graduation in just a couple of weeks.  :)

Comments

Josh said…
You have to tell me what you think about Jack and Jill. My favorite part is the grandmother and the red peppers. Your kids will love it.
Happy Thanksgiving! See ya in a few days.
Kira said…
Thank you for letting me peak into your Thanksgiving day via your blog post :)

Popular Posts