just about ready . . .
Do you ever feel like a huge gigantic rocket sitting on a tarmac just about to have rockets ignited under you--yet you wait . . . ?!?!! This is how I am feeling lately. We finally got all our family back in our home again--done with visits to Memaw & Papa Ault & visits with Granpa & Mamaw Bright, summer fun, and vacations. Now the countdown begins to school beginning again . . . 3-2-1!
Our little Kayden is going to school. Yes, I haven't come to terms with this yet. Can you really come to terms with your youngest starting school?!! My little girl--she doesn't seem big enough . . . it will be an interesting day. She'll be the cutest little girl in her class. I can't wait to take pictures of her all dressed up in her school uniform. She is ready to go, and I do believe she is finally getting a little excited. She is definitely very smart, and catches on to things quickly. She also can come up with some great fix-it ideas. She was swinging at the park, and Papa Ray told her it was another kid's turn, and she would have to get back in line. She reluctantly gave up her swing, and got back in line. She then mumbled to Papa, "I wish there were two of me." (one to swing, and the other to stand in line-if you didn't get that) :) We love our Kayden very much!
Karston is getting ready for school too. And no matter how much Camee & him protest, I know secretly they are excited. I saw Karston in his room last night trying to decide what he would wear on the first day of school. He wanted to wear his cool, new hat (he had it on during our vacation), but he knew he couldn't wear it unless he had a Tony Hawk shirt on. He had all his Tony Hawk shirts out, trying to decide which one would look 'cool' with his new pants & hat. :) He picked one out, and I told him he would look very studious if he tucked it in with a belt, he asked what 'studious' meant, and I said, "smart"! He didn't like that too much. He told me he didn't want to look like a "nerd." I think he went back to the drawing board at that point. :(
Cameron is also growing up fast. She is getting her hair cut tomorrow like her idol, Selena Gomez--the short, side bangs, bobbed look. I gave her a manicure & pedicure today too. :) I can't believe how beautiful my little girl is. I am so proud of her. She really has a good head on her shoulders, she knows the difference between what is right and wrong. I'm very thankful for her, and the example she sets for her brother and sister. She has gotten a little, well, a lot goofy. She can get her dad laughing like no other. Next time you see her, ask her to tell you the joke that has 'smurf me!' in it. :) We all think that's her best one so far.
I'll be heading back to school bright and early Friday morning--Ella Barnes Elementary. I am really excited about going 'home', but scared too. Yes, just stressed a little. I hate being on 'show', having to perform, and be perfect. It is nerve racking!! I am though very excited to be in Ms. Moreno's class. Ms. Moreno was Karston & Cameron's kindergarten teacher, so I guess since she couldn't teach Kayden this year, she got me instead. I've heard that some teachers have this problem, and I guess we will add me to this list too, but I start having bad dreams . . . waking up in a bad mood, or like this morning, I just wake up thinking of what I need to do, ideas just free flowing! ahhhhh! More than anything though, I can't wait to be in a classroom with kids, just me & 22 kids . . . I already love them, and I don't even know their names. One of my best friends from last semester, Melanie Purdy, sent me a card in the mail today (yes, she's that good of a person--I'm so glad I know her--and she is taking this semester off to have TWINS in Sept.--so yes, she is that great of a person). She just wanted to tell me to have a great semester--and then she sent me a quote, one I needed BADLY--"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." -Michael Cain I LOVE it!! & this is just what I will be doing this semester---then graduation!!!! :)
I feel like I should have a paragraph about Josh too . . . um well, he is doing great as a supervisor here in South Texas, but he has mostly been consumed with his nagging wife. My wedding ring (ever since our trip to Dominica) has been on a steady decline. Almost immediately after descending from the 16 mile volcano trip, my ring had turned colors where it is sautered together. And then a few months after that, my prongs (which had been weakened from all the chemical reactions) started to bend, and my diamond was in danger. I looked at different rings, but I couldn't really decide on one I liked, and it just didn't feel right--me looking at rings. He had picked out my engagement/wedding ring, so I started nagging him to do it for me . . . . so my diamond sits at a jewelers right now being put in another type/style ring . . . I'm excited!! :)
Sorry this has gotten so long, but I wanted to write more in a post instead of a 'this is what we did, see what we did' kind of post. :) We are definitely ready to TAKE OFF!! I know we will have many things ahead of us--and did I mention December 17th?!!! I can't wait! :)
Our little Kayden is going to school. Yes, I haven't come to terms with this yet. Can you really come to terms with your youngest starting school?!! My little girl--she doesn't seem big enough . . . it will be an interesting day. She'll be the cutest little girl in her class. I can't wait to take pictures of her all dressed up in her school uniform. She is ready to go, and I do believe she is finally getting a little excited. She is definitely very smart, and catches on to things quickly. She also can come up with some great fix-it ideas. She was swinging at the park, and Papa Ray told her it was another kid's turn, and she would have to get back in line. She reluctantly gave up her swing, and got back in line. She then mumbled to Papa, "I wish there were two of me." (one to swing, and the other to stand in line-if you didn't get that) :) We love our Kayden very much!
Karston is getting ready for school too. And no matter how much Camee & him protest, I know secretly they are excited. I saw Karston in his room last night trying to decide what he would wear on the first day of school. He wanted to wear his cool, new hat (he had it on during our vacation), but he knew he couldn't wear it unless he had a Tony Hawk shirt on. He had all his Tony Hawk shirts out, trying to decide which one would look 'cool' with his new pants & hat. :) He picked one out, and I told him he would look very studious if he tucked it in with a belt, he asked what 'studious' meant, and I said, "smart"! He didn't like that too much. He told me he didn't want to look like a "nerd." I think he went back to the drawing board at that point. :(
Cameron is also growing up fast. She is getting her hair cut tomorrow like her idol, Selena Gomez--the short, side bangs, bobbed look. I gave her a manicure & pedicure today too. :) I can't believe how beautiful my little girl is. I am so proud of her. She really has a good head on her shoulders, she knows the difference between what is right and wrong. I'm very thankful for her, and the example she sets for her brother and sister. She has gotten a little, well, a lot goofy. She can get her dad laughing like no other. Next time you see her, ask her to tell you the joke that has 'smurf me!' in it. :) We all think that's her best one so far.
I'll be heading back to school bright and early Friday morning--Ella Barnes Elementary. I am really excited about going 'home', but scared too. Yes, just stressed a little. I hate being on 'show', having to perform, and be perfect. It is nerve racking!! I am though very excited to be in Ms. Moreno's class. Ms. Moreno was Karston & Cameron's kindergarten teacher, so I guess since she couldn't teach Kayden this year, she got me instead. I've heard that some teachers have this problem, and I guess we will add me to this list too, but I start having bad dreams . . . waking up in a bad mood, or like this morning, I just wake up thinking of what I need to do, ideas just free flowing! ahhhhh! More than anything though, I can't wait to be in a classroom with kids, just me & 22 kids . . . I already love them, and I don't even know their names. One of my best friends from last semester, Melanie Purdy, sent me a card in the mail today (yes, she's that good of a person--I'm so glad I know her--and she is taking this semester off to have TWINS in Sept.--so yes, she is that great of a person). She just wanted to tell me to have a great semester--and then she sent me a quote, one I needed BADLY--"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." -Michael Cain I LOVE it!! & this is just what I will be doing this semester---then graduation!!!! :)
I feel like I should have a paragraph about Josh too . . . um well, he is doing great as a supervisor here in South Texas, but he has mostly been consumed with his nagging wife. My wedding ring (ever since our trip to Dominica) has been on a steady decline. Almost immediately after descending from the 16 mile volcano trip, my ring had turned colors where it is sautered together. And then a few months after that, my prongs (which had been weakened from all the chemical reactions) started to bend, and my diamond was in danger. I looked at different rings, but I couldn't really decide on one I liked, and it just didn't feel right--me looking at rings. He had picked out my engagement/wedding ring, so I started nagging him to do it for me . . . . so my diamond sits at a jewelers right now being put in another type/style ring . . . I'm excited!! :)
Sorry this has gotten so long, but I wanted to write more in a post instead of a 'this is what we did, see what we did' kind of post. :) We are definitely ready to TAKE OFF!! I know we will have many things ahead of us--and did I mention December 17th?!!! I can't wait! :)


Comments