first day of school . . .
Today was the first day of school for our three big kids! Kayden got a practice round on Friday by going to kinder camp, and . . . um . . . well, it didn't go too well. Josh & I were worried how things might go down today, but we were very happy when Dad picked her up and asked her if she was scared and she informed him that "I told you I would make more and more friends." And then she told Dad about her newest friend whom she calls "no name." Kayden said if she left any space on the rug he would be there. And then she told Dad about a boy who said "no" to the teacher, hit someone in the privates, and spit on someone. Kayden said he is already in the "red." So, needless to say, she had an interesting day. :) Yes, Ginger, that is your necklace she has on. We let her wear it to school in hopes that when she felt lonely or scared, she could look at the picture of her family. :)
Karston had a great first day at Windsor Park with his new teacher, Ms. Farias. He says she is really funny. He was bouncing off the ceiling when he got home---still couldn't contain himself from the first day excitement. Karston rode the bus this morning--he meets the big yellow bus before 7:00 AM.
Camee also enjoyed the first day of school, seeing her new friends, and being her normal goofiness. She wouldn't smile correctly for her mom during the early morning photo shoot. :)
My first day was great too, but my feet hurt. Being in another first grade class is . . . interesting. It is neat though to see how they are when they first come into first grade versus the end half of the year. I take a classroom management class for two weeks, and then I'll be in the classroom full time. I cannot wait. I really cannot wait until I am a real teacher--and this is my real first day of school, and I'm in charge. The highlight of the day was the cafeteria--I found two kindergartners wondering aimlessly, walking across benches, and not knowing exactly what they should be doing or where they should be. If they weren't so darn cute . . . :) I love being in a school & I CANNOT WAIT TO BE A TEACHER!!!! (for realz) :)

Comments
You have absolutely darling children... they must take after their mother!
Good luck with your goal of being a teacher. Aren't you getting close? I am glad that I choose teaching as a career. I wish you the best of luck.
Have a great week.