first day of school . . . take two

CCISD changed the boundaries to where Camee would attend middle school (not a good thing), and since we are only a year away from our little girl becoming a middle school student, we began to search out alternatives to where she might continue her education---what would be great for her. :( And well . . . we were a little concerned with the IB program offered at Windsor Park . . . the mission statement, "These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right." The IB program is run by the United Nations. & of course, I being one of those who still believes that democracy IS the best way & we DO live in the greatest country in the world, I had a problem with that. Especially since I don't have to vail my head when I go out in public, I can get an education, and I, being a woman, can VOTE in the United States---I'm still in the mind set that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world, while in most other countries I would not have those same rights or opportunities. Plus the IB program is geared to students going to international universities. Karston might go out of the country for his education, but there is a greater percentage that he will go to a U.S. college---& like the Turkish administrator said at our new school---people from other countries come to the United States to get their education, not the other way around. And, we had more concerns . . . but we are hoping & praying that our new school will be able to be what we think it is. :) The School of Science & Technology!!! Go Robots!! Karston has been soooooo excited (I can't put enough o's there). From the time we first toured our new school, he couldn't get over the number of Lego's there. He was definitely in heaven!!! :) Karston (I know he is only in the second grade) will be an engineer one day. He loves to build things, like no one else I have ever met. He makes 3-D sculptures out of paper, straw, and tape, and he is so excited about being on the robotics team at his new school. The students had just made a robot that directed traffic last week. :) Cameron, who also loves Science, was very excited about her new school this morning too. She was a little more weary about meeting new classmates, but again, when we visited the campus for the first time, she saw two girls who had been at her old school---and they yelled out, "CAMEE!!" :) So, I guess we will see what they say at the end of school today . . . but fingers crossed . . . we have found the PERFECT school for our kids. :) & they will be able to graduate here as well. Go ROBOTS!! :)


They looked so cute in their uniforms. :) & yes, Camee had to add some splash with her belt & lime green converses. :)

Comments

That's cool! So is it a charter school? I've never heard of the IB program. That's interesting. Is it in all Corpus Christi public schools? Hope their first day went GrEaT!!! :)
the IB program is just at the gifted/talented schools :(
hoLLy said…
this might sound funny, but what is an ib program?
international baccalaureate organization
SWS said…
From talking to Camee and Karston last night it sounds like their first day was great! So glad you found the right place for them.
--Sarah
Carter is also at an IB school, but funny that I have never heard the mission statement. This new school looks good. Where is it? Is it in the public school system?

Popular Posts