what we did this weekend . . .

. . . ever since the high school cheerleaders came to Cami's school, we all have gotten a little Mustang spirit, so we finally made it to a high school football game Friday night. The above picture is Karston & Kayden on the way home---they had a little too much excitement. :) The kids had a lot of fun cheering on the team, even though we lost . . . um . . . by a lot. :( Not quite Lufkin Panther football. :)
Josh & I have started our training for the 1/2 marathon in Austin in January, so this Saturday we began with a 5 mile run. We will increase our mileage every other week. I'm not quite looking forward to that, since 5 miles almost killed me. :( Our neighbors, the Suttons (thank you!!) helped out by watching our kids & dropping us off 5 miles from home (at my school). Josh & I had a lot of fun encouraging each other . . . OK it was more like him encouraging me. He's a little better at this than me. :)
Karston is enjoying playing baseball, and that's where we headed next. He got another kid out as they were running from second to third. :) Karston also lost his first tooth. It had been hanging on by a thread, and finally Sunday morning, he woke us up to his exciting news that he pulled his tooth! Congratulations Karston--the tooth fairy gave him $2 & a note saying that she was going to use his tooth for some yard art. :)
Cami is getting soooo excited about her birthday---I can't believe she is turning 9 years old. She is getting so mature & more beautiful every day. :) She is inviting just a few friends over. They are going to watch Ghostbusters in our backyard. We are going to project the movie up on the house, eat pizza, decorate cupcakes, and no movie is complete without popcorn with M&Ms. OK . . . OK . . . I guess we ALL are excited about the birthday party!! :)
Kayden is sure maturing also. She is a handful at times, but I think (& hope) it comes with her age and she'll be outgrowing it soon. :) She is my little partner & does everything with her Mom. She always says, "I don't want you to go!" when I have to go to school or take pictures. Ugh!
We also were on the news yesterday!! woooo! My professor did story time at our local library, so we headed there after church, and for some reason the news was there (must have been a slow news day). Anyway, I love when I can introduce my kids to my teacher. They like that. :)
We went to a birthday party & saw the best & brightest rainbow ever---good weekend. :)

Comments