Mrs. Bright on YouTube
I know I'm never going to be YouTube famous, but I really enjoy making these videos. I know they will be a hit in my classroom, mainly because my students will think it is cringy (I've found cringe worthy activities are remembered easily-I should probably write a book on that--the cringe strategy). ha! I like being a little goofy (as I'm sure any of my old students will testify), and having a place where they can go see their goofy teacher reiterate what we learned in class will be beneficial.
As a teacher, I look for short videos like this to supplement my students' learning.....so why not be the one to make them?!
As a teacher, I look for short videos like this to supplement my students' learning.....so why not be the one to make them?!
If you know someone who can also benefit from ELA videos or Science videos, please don't hesitate to share my videos with them. My YouTube page is youtube.com/user/joshamberbright.
During quarantine, admin put me in charge of all the ELA videos for our virtual classrooms. I had such a fun time doing the Monday Message, and videos about tone, theme, point of view, finding evidence to support author's claims, poetry, and more. I decided to keep going, so in preparation for next year, I am trying to do one video per unit. Next year, I will be teaching 5th Grade Science, so my youtube page has videos NOW about weather and climate, solar system, inherited traits vs. learned behaviors, physical properties of matter and more. Now that I'm writing this out, I realize that I have made a lot of videos in the last three months....maybe I will be the next Khan Academy. ha! I've also done videos for teachers on google classroom and creating choice boards in google slides. I would definitely appreciate any feedback or subject matter you would want me to do a video on (for students or teachers).
So if you get a chance, please share my videos with others (it is awesome to think I might be a teacher to someone I've never personally met), use them for review (if you are one of my former students), or just reminisce what it was like to hear Mrs. Bright everyday. I do love all of my students, and this is just another way they can never get rid of me, and it allows me to stay in contact with them as well. So follow, subscribe, watch, like, comment, and share! I would greatly appreciate it, and hopefully whoever finds my videos, will see value in them as well.

Comments