Peace, Love, Joy . . . Merry Christmas!!
He sprang to his sleigh,
to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like
the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim,
'ere he drove out of sight . . .
2015 UPDATE
Dad-Josh started this year coaching 7th grade basketball, and teaching 8th grade U.S. History. he enjoyed his teaching career (and was very good at it--highest scores at his school), but after a taste of the mountains (our trip to Colorado last Christmas), he learned the mountains were calling his name. After much deliberation, he decided to accept a Geico auto damage position in Santa Fe, NM. In between moving plans, job changes, and all the chaos that brings, Josh still found time to run. He will participate in his sixth marathon in January. Trying to train for a marathon in Santa Fe can be quite challenging, but he is not only doing it, he is pretty awesome at running with no oxygen and steep inclines--watch out Houston--Josh will definitely be ready!
Mom-Selling our house in one weekend, thus living in a one bedroom apartment for 2 months--we were very grateful to finally arrive in Santa Fe, NM. And since we arrived in June, we can definitely say summer in NM are AWESOME!! But school must start again, I am now in my 5th year teaching. I teach at the newest and fourth largest school in Santa Fe, NM-Nina Otero Community School. It is a PK-8th grade campus with over 750 students. I teach 8th grade science, and while middle school aged children present lots of challenges, I definitely find lots of rewards--inspiring (at least some of them) to love science, especially astronomy (I'm still very much a NASA geek). I feel very honored to teach in a state with such a rich science history--one of our first stops here was to visit Los Alamos. And, while I know, I won't always be that excited about cold weather (I'll always be Texan), I certainly like the snow days.
Cami-Cameron is now a freshman in high school, yes I said high school. Time definitely flies by. It seems like yesterday she was asking for 'frot fries' (french fries) and 'noppy' (milk). Her best friend, Maddyson, was able to come with us to NM, and spend the first month with us here. We love Maddyson, and are definitely sad to not have her around as often as we would like (and Tiffany, her sister). They still stay in touch via SnapChat (longest streak ever), but we know it isn't quite the same. Moving is hard sometimes. Cameron is resilient though. She enjoys playing the violin, and is one of only two freshmen in symphonic orchestra at her high school. She has made new friends, and was even asked to homecoming this year! But,no, I'm not making a big deal out of it. Cameron is also a dare devil--she loves riding the dirt bike, and can't wait to try out her new snow board.
Karston-Well, we knew Karston was a handsome fellow--since all my fifth graders last year were in love with my 6th grade son, but his cuteness and appeal have made it to Santa Fe as well. :) Karston is now in the 7th grade, and has made friends quite easily here. He has found an awesome scout troop--that has already camped in the snow and hiked to 10,000 feet. He loves Renaldo, the soccer star who plays for Real Madrid, so he decided to play soccer this year. Now that soccer season is over, he is really looking forward to getting back to baseball this Spring. Karston loves riding his dirt bike, but has learned the importance of wearing boots while riding. Karston is very funny, smart, a great debater, and a little bit of a mess maker---if there is a broken dish or spilt drink-you are pretty much guaranteed Karston had something to do with it.
Kayden-Kayden is now in fourth grade. Definitely one aspect of our move that we have not quite gotten used to, is being so far from Hailey. Hailey is Kayden's very best friend, who is been a staple in her/our life since Kayden was a baby. We miss Hailey!! And I know Kayden misses her a lot too. So, most days we can find Kayden and Hailey communicating via FaceTime. This past summer, Kayden participated in a theater camp. She played Marcy in 'You're a Good Man Charlie Brown.' Kayden did an excellent job. She is also taking part in 4th grade orchestra, following in her big sister's footsteps. Kayden is definitely a perfectionist, she hates to get things wrong, and works overtime on making everything just right. She is the sunshine in our family. She is just so darn cute.
. . . "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"









Comments