final trips of summer

We’ve been trying to squeeze in a few last minute trips before summer vacation is through . . . the first one was to the Museum of Science and History here in Corpus.  Cameron and Karston had fun in the hurricane tunnel, feeling the force of hurricane strength winds.  We toured all the exhibits, and explored the museum—we think we know the place by heart.  We can’t wait until the next exhibit opens.

IMAG2115 IMAG2116 IMAG2117

We snuck in a weekend trip to San Antonio too!  We visited the Alamo, ate yummy Mexican food, did some school shopping, took a boat cruise on the San Antonio River, ate/drank ice cream on the riverwalk, and swam in the pool on the roof.  We had a great time (well, except for the parking situation—but that is a story for another time).  he-he

IMAG2123 IMAG2125 IMAG2126

A National Little League Team from the West side of Corpus Christi was playing in the national tournament, we got to watch the game while we ate. 

 

IMAG2127 IMAG2130 IMAG2132 IMAG2133 IMAG2134 IMAG2135

Karston is still a Davy Crockett fan—but the kid Bowie knife just doesn’t cut it anymore.

 

IMAG2136

IMAG2137 IMAG2138 IMAG2139

Kayden enjoying and wearing ice cream on the riverwalk.  :)

IMAG2140 IMAG2142

Cameron and Karston on the boat cruise.

IMAG2144 IMAG2149IMAG2148  IMG_20130818_093425

The view from the pool (on the roof) with the riverwalk below.

 

It is crazy to think that Monday begins my third year of teaching, Kayden-2nd grade, Karston (the oldest at his school)-5th grade, and my little Cameron starts JUNIOR HIGH!!!  AGGGHHH!!  Time sure flies by—Kayden and I can’t wait until Monday . . . Cameron and Karston not so much, but I did have fun helping Karston pick out his first day outfit.  I love my kiddoes so much!  I am so excited for them, and grateful I get to have a part in watching them become adults.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts