Christmas . . . final stop.
Our final stop . . . and the much anticipated stop, was at Memaw (or spelled ‘Memall’ according to our Kayden) & Papa’s house. My dad finally reached the major milestone of retirement on Dec. 20th, so all of his kids except one were able to come and celebrate with him (we missed you Youngbloods). :( It was so neat seeing all of the cousins play, seeing Camee loving on all the babies, and just hanging out and reminiscing with my brother and sisters. We had talent shows, did craft projects, made some home movies, and just enjoyed our time together. The big retirement celebration happened the day after Christmas. Karston said that was the first time he saw Papa cry . . . and then he added, Ally, Ginger, Megan, Abby . . . he-he, I guess he didn’t realize until this point how emotional a home with six girls can get. :) It was also great seeing my brother, even though he said I looked fat. :( Keepin’ it real I guess. :) Ally, what was that calorie counter program you used?!?! We had a great visit, sad to leave, but grateful to be going back to my life in Corpus with my three kids, and wonderful husband. It just doesn’t get better than this.
Memaw was a little excited. :)

If you ask Karston what the favorite part of his Christmas adventure was . . . it would be the opportunity he had to sleep in freezing temperatures in Papa’s barn. Karston did it two nights in a row . . . the only grandchild to make it both nights. :) Papa made them certificates upon completion of this feat—Karston was a little upset when he saw that I had folded it. :(
Of course the grandkids got to go on a fishing trip with Papa. Camee reeled in the biggest fish of the day. I don’t think she quite knew if she wanted this honor or not. :)
Most of the time Mr. Owen was asleep, but when he was awake he had everyone’s attention. :) I love Owen!! :) I already miss him. :(
Papa and his clone—it is crazy how the same they are, not just in what they like, camping, baseball, etc., but also their personalities. I am so blessed to have my Karston & my good Dad!!
Memaw was a little excited. :)
If you ask Karston what the favorite part of his Christmas adventure was . . . it would be the opportunity he had to sleep in freezing temperatures in Papa’s barn. Karston did it two nights in a row . . . the only grandchild to make it both nights. :) Papa made them certificates upon completion of this feat—Karston was a little upset when he saw that I had folded it. :(
Of course the grandkids got to go on a fishing trip with Papa. Camee reeled in the biggest fish of the day. I don’t think she quite knew if she wanted this honor or not. :)
Most of the time Mr. Owen was asleep, but when he was awake he had everyone’s attention. :) I love Owen!! :) I already miss him. :(
Papa and his clone—it is crazy how the same they are, not just in what they like, camping, baseball, etc., but also their personalities. I am so blessed to have my Karston & my good Dad!!

Comments