Awards Day & Beach to Bay

One more week . . . five days . . . and school will be out for the SUMMER!!!  If you can tell, this family is a little excited about that--because it means Mommy doesn't have to work, we get to go to St. Kitts, and we get to R-E-L-A-X!!!  (of course I have major house painting plans . . . but that is fun stuff)  :) 

So, this last week we had two big awards ceremonies (Karston's will be this Tuesday).  Kayden graduated from Kindergarten.  She got to get all dressed up, and I did her hair braided (which she did not like, but I forced it on her---after all the comments about how pretty her hair was--I think she forgave me).  :)  I can't believe my little girl is a first grader now.  She is growing up so fast, but like I always tell her, no matter how big she gets, she will always be my baby.  :)  Daddy took time off from work to watch our little girl get her awards.  :)



Graduating from fifth grade is a big deal at Ella Barnes--they are the oldest at the school, so their awards ceremony was in the evening.  We got to hear Camee play her violin with the orchestra, and see our big girl get lots of awards.  We are very proud of our Cam, not only is she beautiful inside and out, but she is a very smart and talented young lady as well.  We are very lucky parents! 


(above)  Cameron with the assistant principal, Mrs. Davis, and our favorite principal (whose been Cameron's principal since first grade), Mrs. Bowers!   (below)  Camee & her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Moreno.  :)  Mrs. Moreno will always be very special to our family--she was Karston & Cam's kindergarten teacher, and she was my teacher during student teaching.  :)
Since Josh had been in the Valley for the last two months or so . . . (whose counting anymore) . . . we hadn't really planned well on our beach to bay team, luckily the church decided to have one (the boys) and luckily one of them got hurt, so I could run too.  :)  So Josh & I were able to take part in our sixth year straight running beach to bay.  Josh got the second leg running the island, and I got to run the bridge again.  It was a lot of fun, and really HOT this year.  But, we made our 4.39 & 4.67 miles in great (Josh) & pretty good (me) time.  :)

(some of our teammates)  :)

Now . . . five more days to go!!!!!!  SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts