Star Wars 3-D & Talent Show
Karston celebrated his ninth birthday this month. More than anything, he wanted to take his friends to see Star Wars in 3-D. :) So, we made him just choose just a few friends to accompany him to the movies, and eat (of course & now a tradition for Karston) birthday brownie waffles. They had a lot of fun being together. I can't believe Karston is nine years old!! He is such a good young man, smart, funny, and mature beyond his years.
It can't be a nine-year-old's birthday and NOT have some chocolate chugging. :)
Josh & I were able to celebrate Valentine's Day by going to Landry's. Yum!! I love my good husband, and I'm so thankful for the little family we have created together. :) My life can't be more perfect.
And, all in the same weekend . . . we had the Ella Barnes Talent Show. I was the person in charge again (which I am overly excited to take on, even when it might make me overwhelmed and stressed out). :) I love putting on the talent show. The kids are so nervous, excited, and it is an all around great night for the whole school. :) I had to delegate a lot of the responsibilities since I have a day job now, but I got some great moms to help me out, and a husband (who reluctantly) did the music. Everything went . . . um . . . pretty smoothly, and thanks to a great host, Eric Von Wade, those hiccups were not that noticeable. :)
Cameron, Kayden, Madison, and Tiffany did an aquatic routine for their talent. They were synchronized swimmers to The Little Mermaid song, "Under the Sea." Audrey & I held up the blue sheet, a.k.a water. :) I thought Kayden might be a little reluctant to get up there with so many people watching, but no, she was in true form, and everyone loved the smallest swimmer & her goggles.
And, of course we had to get pictures with the best radio host in all of Corpus. :) Thanks Eric Von Wade for hosting our event one more time. :)
It can't be a nine-year-old's birthday and NOT have some chocolate chugging. :)
Josh & I were able to celebrate Valentine's Day by going to Landry's. Yum!! I love my good husband, and I'm so thankful for the little family we have created together. :) My life can't be more perfect.
And, all in the same weekend . . . we had the Ella Barnes Talent Show. I was the person in charge again (which I am overly excited to take on, even when it might make me overwhelmed and stressed out). :) I love putting on the talent show. The kids are so nervous, excited, and it is an all around great night for the whole school. :) I had to delegate a lot of the responsibilities since I have a day job now, but I got some great moms to help me out, and a husband (who reluctantly) did the music. Everything went . . . um . . . pretty smoothly, and thanks to a great host, Eric Von Wade, those hiccups were not that noticeable. :)
Cameron, Kayden, Madison, and Tiffany did an aquatic routine for their talent. They were synchronized swimmers to The Little Mermaid song, "Under the Sea." Audrey & I held up the blue sheet, a.k.a water. :) I thought Kayden might be a little reluctant to get up there with so many people watching, but no, she was in true form, and everyone loved the smallest swimmer & her goggles.
I was trying to get the participants quiet during a little meeting before the talent show. I told them--"If you can hear my voice touch your nose" . . . and so on. This little girl in the pink bathrobe (one of my first graders), said, "Yep, that's still Mrs. Bright!" She stole my heart!! Oh, how I miss my first graders. During one point in the show, they were all huddled around me watching the talent show. Cameron had looked over and said--who are all those kids around my mom?! :) I guess they might miss me a little bit too. :)
And, of course we had to get pictures with the best radio host in all of Corpus. :) Thanks Eric Von Wade for hosting our event one more time. :)

Comments