by popular demand . . .
My brother left me a message to . . . um . . . update my blog. He said it had been over a month. :( So, I'll try to catch everyone up on what has been going on. Life is keeping us busy right now, I am really getting a glimpse of how it will be when I am a working mom. AND I feel so LUCKY to have been able to stay at home with my kids when they were young. :) Student teaching is keeping me very busy, plus I have gotten the assignment to create all the science lesson plans for all the first grade classes at the elementary school I am at. It has been a challenge (a fun challenge), but there has been some late nights, very late nights. But I think I am finally finding my groove---plus, I have completed (as of this week) all the observations with my university professor. I am on my way to graduation. :) I have even purchased my cap and gown and lei (it is the island university, ok?!)!!
The kids have also stayed busy with school, dance class, orchestra, and tae kwon do. Karston earned his yellow belt this past Friday. He even broke his first piece of wood. :) (Next time I'll be a better mom and actually have pictures of him doing it.) :( The girls were able to dance in the thriller fest held at their dance studio. They dressed liked zombies, and danced to Michael Jackson's Thriller. :) They both did a great job. We are really proud of how good they are at what they take on, they are not always so sure of themselves (Cam), but they pull it out in the end. I can't wait to watch my two girls in May at their recital. But being October . . . I guess I'll have to watch them dance looking more like this . . .
Karston and his good friend Kyle also put on the zombie look to accompany the girls to their event. :)
Dancing right next to my little Kay, is a little girl who was in my field base classroom last semester. Even now, every time she sees me, she runs and gives me a big hug. :) I love it.
This past Tuesday evening, we were able to visit with our good friends the Larsens. Carter and Karston spent many days playing in playgroup and attending a pre-school, Carter's mom and I participated in. It was soooo good seeing them again. The Morse family also came, so we had a full house of boys. When Karston learned that Carter had three brothers (he only had one when they left), he didn't think that was very fair. :) I guess Karston might be calling Uncle Josh to discuss their mutual predicaments. he-he
Annnnnnnddddd . . . our little girl is turning 11! WOW! Where has the time gone? She is the best thing that has every happened to Josh & I. We are so lucky to have her as our daughter, and when your nickname by your teacher at school is 'love bug', I think that pretty much sums up our good daughter. She has somehow risen above worldly pressures up to this point, and is pretty certain about where she stands and what she wants in life. I am so looking forward to watching her blossom, I just wish she would slow down a little. Tonight, we are having a slumber party for her. She has some of her closest friends over to have some fun, and keep her dad awake even though he has to run 22 miles in the morning . . . ugh!
(above) Today, was the literature parade. Ms. Moreno was a skunk (Flower, from Bambi) to be exact, and I was Neptune. I received a lot of compliments about my costume, but anyone who knew anything about me would know I would be something space related. :)
drum roll . . . finally, my wal-mart is open!! woo-hooo!! This is going to make my life soooo much easier! Yeah, capitalism!!!! Three brand new wal-marts opened on the same day in Corpus.
The kids have also stayed busy with school, dance class, orchestra, and tae kwon do. Karston earned his yellow belt this past Friday. He even broke his first piece of wood. :) (Next time I'll be a better mom and actually have pictures of him doing it.) :( The girls were able to dance in the thriller fest held at their dance studio. They dressed liked zombies, and danced to Michael Jackson's Thriller. :) They both did a great job. We are really proud of how good they are at what they take on, they are not always so sure of themselves (Cam), but they pull it out in the end. I can't wait to watch my two girls in May at their recital. But being October . . . I guess I'll have to watch them dance looking more like this . . .
Karston and his good friend Kyle also put on the zombie look to accompany the girls to their event. :)
Dancing right next to my little Kay, is a little girl who was in my field base classroom last semester. Even now, every time she sees me, she runs and gives me a big hug. :) I love it.
This past Tuesday evening, we were able to visit with our good friends the Larsens. Carter and Karston spent many days playing in playgroup and attending a pre-school, Carter's mom and I participated in. It was soooo good seeing them again. The Morse family also came, so we had a full house of boys. When Karston learned that Carter had three brothers (he only had one when they left), he didn't think that was very fair. :) I guess Karston might be calling Uncle Josh to discuss their mutual predicaments. he-he
Annnnnnnddddd . . . our little girl is turning 11! WOW! Where has the time gone? She is the best thing that has every happened to Josh & I. We are so lucky to have her as our daughter, and when your nickname by your teacher at school is 'love bug', I think that pretty much sums up our good daughter. She has somehow risen above worldly pressures up to this point, and is pretty certain about where she stands and what she wants in life. I am so looking forward to watching her blossom, I just wish she would slow down a little. Tonight, we are having a slumber party for her. She has some of her closest friends over to have some fun, and keep her dad awake even though he has to run 22 miles in the morning . . . ugh!
(above) Today, was the literature parade. Ms. Moreno was a skunk (Flower, from Bambi) to be exact, and I was Neptune. I received a lot of compliments about my costume, but anyone who knew anything about me would know I would be something space related. :)
drum roll . . . finally, my wal-mart is open!! woo-hooo!! This is going to make my life soooo much easier! Yeah, capitalism!!!! Three brand new wal-marts opened on the same day in Corpus.



Comments
Love the Halloween costumes too!