takin' care of business

To say we have been busy has been an understatement!  I feel overwhelmed at times---wait, I think that is the story of my life . . . BUT only a few more weeks (10) & I'll be GRADUATING!!  So, I won't bore you with the woe is me talk, but I did want to keep everyone up on what we have been doing here lately.

First off---I got in a car accident.  I seem to get hit in my car when I am sitting completely still.  I know, weird.  Last time, I was completely stopped at a red light, and someone ran in to the rear of my car.  This time around I was parked at CVS.  The lady (with no front teeth, but luckily did have insurance) just turned a little too close when parking beside me.  Thanks to my hubby (he took care of things for me) my vehicle is back to its old self again.


Second--out of the blue my professor called me and told me she nominated me for a scholarship, and I had won!!  $500 baby (with no strings attached)!  I really was honored.  Cameron came with me that Saturday morning, and saw her mommy get the award, plus I had to give a little speech.  :(  I think it went OK though.

Third--Josh has been eyeing a 1962 Scout.  A friend in the valley had been working on it with his son, and Josh had asked if he was ever interested in selling it, to give him a call.  We had decided to find a beach vehicle for our family, and yeah! at that same time, the guy decided to sell his scout to us!!  We had to get our home ready for the new vehicle, so we expanded our driveway on the side.  It looks so good, and the Scout is perfect for our family.  It still needs a few more improvements (like a back seat), but it is definitely something our family will take to the beach very, very often.  Josh & Karston have enjoyed most when they drive the Scout to Scouts on Wednesday night.  :)




Fourthly---when we went to Dominica last summer, we hiked up to a volcano.  I touched sulphur, and who knows what else in natural hot springs and bubbling water & steam all by the volcano.  My wedding ring (which I never thought of taking off--and never did for anything) suffered the consequences.  Where the diamond had been sautered to the ring it turned a brown color, and then my prongs which had been weakened from the experience started to bend and break.  I started looking at wedding rings, but I just didn't feel right about picking out one, since Josh picked out my first one, so I told him to fix my ring for me.

So--he came home from work one day, and told me how his day had been awful, his feet hurt, and he would really like me to massage his feet.  He even brought the lotion.  Being the good wife (which I usually am), I said OK, even though I hate rubbing feet, especially dirty feet.  When I opened the lotion bottle my ring fell out!!  Romance isn't dead!  :)  He used my original diamond, and then added the three kids' birth stones.  Kayden thinks she is the pink stone, because she refuses to say the blue stone (which is her actual birth stone) could be hers.  :)  I also got a band representing the three kids as well.  I can wear all of them or just one of them or a few of them.  It is perfect!  & reminds me of the best family ever--mine!

Fifthly--the kids (Cam & Kay) moved back to Barnes (where I am student teaching).  It has been GREAT seeing Kay during lunch, and having Cameron call me Mrs. Bright in the hallway.  I love my kids.

Sixthly--Karston started Tae Kwon Do, and he is loving it!!  Cameron has started jazz, and she is doing great at it as well.  I cannot wait until recital time when both my girls will be performing.  Kayden is in ballet/lyrical again this year.  Cameron is still playing the violin religiously.  And Dad & Mom are very happy that she now can take it at her school.  :)  She will start orchestra on Monday afternoon.

Seventhly--We got a 55 gallon aquarium this weekend!!  I fought Josh on his purchase, but now that it is in our living room--it is perfect.  I have a hard time watching TV, because I'm watching G.W., Sushi, Bubbles, Oscar, Abraham, and Lincoln play in their new home.  :)

Eighthly--Josh & I have started preparing for Josh's first marathon, and my second half-marathon.  Josh ran 18 miles last Saturday morning, and he took it easy yesterday running 10.  I just ran 5 miles on Saturday, but I'll be adding to that for my long runs every Saturday morning from now until November.  If I hadn't already paid the money, I definitely would rethink signing up for it, but I can do it . . . right?!!

We were looking at some of the blog books from the past this morning.  Our little family is surely growing up too quickly.  I love my kiddoes, and my most perfect husband!!  I'm truly the luckiest wife & mother in the world.  I am so excited about my family coming to see me graduate!!!  Not much longer . . .  :)

Comments

April said…
What a great post. I love hearing about your family. I love the ring!
Wow, you sure have been busy! The ring is beautiful.

We are taking a little trip to Corpus at the end of the month and would love to see you guys if you're in town!!

Popular Posts