a portrait of me
I've been on an emotional roller coaster this semester. My first lesson was CRAZY, to say the least. I had to video tape the lesson, and even the good kids couldn't help but turn around and wave at the camera well into the lesson (I guess they could never do the reality TV thing). he-he I started to doubt if I'm cut out for this.
My second lesson went much better--I used positive reinforcement, a.k.a. bribery. I wrote 'good choices' on the dry erase board, and told them I would erase the letters to the two words if they chose to not make good choices. If they kept the words on the board--then they would get what was inside a beautiful seashell jewelry box, Josh had bought me last year for Christmas. Inside I had a surprise for each of them (little puzzles). It worked beautifully, & the kids responded so well!! I was so happy! So, I might be broke after this semester, if I am buying them a present for every lesson, but at this point I'll do it. :)
It has been hard/stressful to be on display and expected to be 'perfect' at all times. Everyone is watching you, how you interact with the kids, how you do things, and judging you. I'm not good at that. :( & I'm about to take my certification tests in April . . . ugh!! I have to take two tests--one is a test where you have to pick the 'best' answer. So, I have to think like I'm living in a perfect world, then think like a liberal, and then mark an answer--the practice test almost drove me crazy.
But, my eyes are being open to what I'm about to take on . . . being a teacher. And I can't wait!!

Comments
I miss the classroom so much. I don't miss the politics and constant pressure from admin. I cant decide if its worth it to go back or not!