Karston's 8th Birthday

Our little boy is growing up fast. He is so handsome, smart, loving, caring, . . . well, Josh & I have a hard time finding any faults with our most perfect little boy. :) We enjoyed celebrating his birthday this week. On Friday night, Karston invited a few friends to come over to celebrate his birthday. They ate pizza, then headed to the go-cart track, and then came back to eat brownie waffles. :) It was a little cold at the go-cart track, but they all seemed to have a lot of fun.
They topped their brownie waffles with fresh strawberries, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, whip cream, and ice cream. :) But they were only allowed to have one. :)

(above) Karston blowing out his candle.


He got some pretty cool presents too. :) Mommy & Daddy gave him a DSi, & a new watch. Of course he got Lego's, and other cool presents.


My Mom & Dad came in late Friday night to spend Karston's birthday week with us. Memaw, Camee, & I walked Saturday morning.

Sunday, Karston's actual birthday, was a very special day. Karston was able to make special covenants with his Heavenly Father, and be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Memaw & Papa spoke at Karston's baptism.


Cameron played the violin at Karston's baptism, and then we sang the song she played. It is one of my favorite primary songs:
I love to look at rainbows whenever there is rain.
And ponder on the beauty of the earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away.
And I can be forgiven, and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.






Josh performed the baptism. Karston was really happy he got to be baptized twice, just like his Mom & Dad. In our church, you have to be fully immersed in the water, so if a toe pokes up or a dress flies up, you have to do it again. Karston's toe made an appearance during the first try. :)



We had a lot of fun with Memaw & Papa. We went out to eat, watched movies, & Papa & Kayden got close when Papa shared his cupcake with our little Kayden. :) She did offer to share her cookie with him later that night. :) Thank you Memaw & Papa for coming all this way to visit us. We love ya'll!

Comments

I've never had a brownie waffle! I want one now! :) Don't tell my kids you got a DSi, Kartson!!! ;) We are proud of you!
Emma said…
Happy Birthday Karston. Congratulations on being baptized!
Amber you must be so proud!
Ericka Johnson said…
It sounds like it was a very beatiful baptism. Congratulations Karston! Being baptized twice is always fun! :)
Ericka Johnson said…
Oops--I mean beautiful.
Congratulations to Karston on such an important event! Where does the time go?!

Popular Posts